Community discussions

MikroTik App

salespiza
just joined
Topic Author

Apple devices, iPad and AppleTV

Thu Feb 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Hello,

I've working with Mikrotik for years with success, but my common problem is with iPad users that are always reporting problems. I've tested a lot of configurations and surfed by many places looking for tweakings and trying to get better performance. Version always updated, currently 7.1.3
Situation is that I've about 100-125 iPads with 4 Aps model: cAP ac (arm) and one AP model: RB912UAG-2HPnD both configured with the same SSID in 2,4GHz. and 5GHz. bands
Roaming is set with:
WIFI Configuration, I'm sending the common data:

When I use an iPad for testing performance is right (aprox. 250-300 Mbps. Down/up) , but clients are commonly reporting me problems. I'd like to share my settings and ask for help to improve my configuration. I'm sending you the last one, almost the default configuration, but I've checked a lot of options. Tell me if anyone has found a stable configuration on Apple devices of different generations.

I'm from Spain, sorry for my English.

Thanks in advance.
Alex.

mfrommel

Re: Apple devices, iPad and AppleTV

Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:55 pm

IMHO throwing the clients off the network at -71dbm seems to be quite aggressive.
I would lower that to ~80dbm.
AFAIK Apple devices are doing a rescan for a better access-point at signal strength of ~70dbm themselves.
https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/d ... 1caf35/web

salespiza
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Apple devices, iPad and AppleTV

Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:01 pm

IMHO throwing the clients off the network at -71dbm seems to be quite aggressive.
I would lower that to ~80dbm.
AFAIK Apple devices are doing a rescan for a better access-point at signal strength of ~70dbm themselves.
https://support.apple.com/en-ie/guide/d ... 1caf35/web
Thanks for your appreciation, I'm reading your link and it's an automatic action for the iPads.

Great.