Community discussions

MikroTik App

ninja365
Topic Author

SXT LTE - LTE1 dissapeared from Interface List

Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:12 pm

Hi all,

Was called out to a customer today reporting no internet, they have a SXT LTE RBSXTR&R11e which is 3.5 years old and has been running without issue. I took a look at the OS and in the interface the lte1 has dissapeared. In the interface list the WAN says unknown!. I've got the unit back to the workshop and removed/reseated the modem but no change, I've reset the device, downloaded the package from 6.48 down to 6.45 and still nothing.

My suspicion is the modem has stopped working but with availability of replacement units some months away am looking to see if its possible to keep this one working. I can get a replacement modem from my supplier but how can i check it is 100% the modem and not the router board?

Ideas and suggestions always welcome.

Thanks

Joe.
IMG_20220301_221350535.jpg
IMG_20220301_221343759.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ninja365 on Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT LTE - LTE1 dissapeared from Interface List

Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:26 pm

Have you a backup from a last known good situation ?
Did you try complete factory reset ?

I had it happen once too after playing with config, accidentally deleting lte itf.
Scared the hell out of me. I wasn't even aware that was possible.
Turned out to be some missing config.
Properly adding lte ITF again and I was back in business.

You might want to check latest ros7.2rc4 too. It has a vastly improved lte part, so I heard. I am waiting to power on my device again in France so I can check it out myself.

ninja365
Topic Author

Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:31 pm

Hi Holvoetn

Yes have restored a good package, Yes total reset and re-configured.

This unit has been working fine connected to EE here in UK and has just suddenly stoppped working.

I will have a look at the newer ros but i think this is a hardware issue.

Thanks for your input.

Joe.

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:57 am

Hi Holvoetn

Yes have restored a good package, Yes total reset and re-configured.

This unit has been working fine connected to EE here in UK and has just suddenly stoppped working.

I will have a look at the newer ros but i think this is a hardware issue.

Thanks for your input.

Joe.
Could be hardware.

I'd check what shows up in /ports and /system/resources/usb - see if the modem (and its ports) are showing up. I've seen the "port" can get lost, normally just doing a physical power off of the SXT (e.g. not just reboot), might try a few times. Or, if the port show as "red", could delete it...it should be detected again after a hard power cycle too.

On the software, I think it's most important that the modem firmware was update. And the USB/port/modem stuff like the ROS firmware (/system/routerboard) and version matched (/system/package).

ninja365
Topic Author

Thu Mar 03, 2022 11:47 pm

just to update this post, ordered a replacement modem and unit now back working properly. Also took the opportunity to upgrade everything including firmware.