Community discussions

MikroTik App

DemeD
just joined
Topic Author

cAP lite connect to cAP lite wireless

Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:49 pm

Dears,

I would like to connect via wireless two cap lite. The first is setted well and connected to my home network wired (there is a hap ac2 for routing and some other devices wired and wireless). I would like to put a door bell camera to my main gate but of course it should be connet wired. So this is why i think to connect cap lite wired to this device and wireless to another cap? Is it possibe, if yes how? I think (hope) i just set well the second (main gate) cap.

Many thanks.

David

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP lite connect to cAP lite wireless  [SOLVED]

Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:22 pm

Two Mikrotiks one as "AP bridge" the other as "station bridge" (wifi connected to the AP bridge) will make a transparent ethernet connection.
The config of the "station bridge" is just all interfaces connected to the bridge. (Quickset "PTP bridge CPE" is probably very close to what you want.)
The "AP bridge" can be any Mikrotik (!) AP in your home network.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: cAP lite connect to cAP lite wireless

Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:30 pm

Since Hap AC2 is already being used as an AP, then CAP must be configured as a Station-Bridge, the question is, do you need to still be using the CAP as an AP for other devices to connect on it wirelessly ?
If yes, then you should create a Station-Bridge on the wireless interface of the CAP and then create a Virtual Interface configured as an AP-Bridge ...

DemeD
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:08 am

Guys, thank you for both! No it looks ok working well. I just connenct my laptop to "station-bridge" cap via ethernet and working well.
Only one thing, I cannot access this cap beacuse of the ip addr is the inital "192.168.88.1" and my pool in hap2 is working from 192.168.1.100... 192.168.1.250. So I'm not in the same network.
How can this station-bridge cap get a same local ip address? (192.168.1.xxx)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

mkx
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:29 am

On the discovery page of winbox, click on "station bridge" cAP MAC address ... after logging in, change IP address on bridge.

DemeD
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Mar 16, 2022 12:34 am

On the discovery page of winbox, click on "station bridge" cAP MAC address ... after logging in, change IP address on bridge.
Thanks, but I don't want fix ip (if not necessary...). Is it possible to get it from hap2?

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2022 7:26 am

Remove fixed IP and set DHCP client.
Also remove DHCP server so all clients connecting to that device will get it from hap.

DemeD
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Mar 17, 2022 12:11 pm

Remove fixed IP and set DHCP client.
Also remove DHCP server so all clients connecting to that device will get it from hap.
thanks! working well everything!!!