Community discussions

MikroTik App

Jedwian
just joined
Topic Author

big mistake

Tue Mar 15, 2022 5:35 pm

Hey there! In a nutshell, I pressed the button "Wireless configuration" and disabled wlan1(that was the only one in list) by accident. Then wireless net disappeared and I can't log in WebFig or WinBox. What should I do? Please help!

RogerWilco

Re: big mistake

Wed Mar 16, 2022 4:01 pm

What device do you have? Can you not connect via LAN?

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Reset+Button

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2022 6:40 pm

Suggest you use SAFE MODE when configuring.
Also consider an OFF Bridge access to your device.

viewtopic.php?t=181718

Amm0
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Mar 16, 2022 9:10 pm

Hey there! In a nutshell, I pressed the button "Wireless configuration" and disabled wlan1(that was the only one in list) by accident. Then wireless net disappeared and I can't log in WebFig or WinBox. What should I do? Please help!
Turn off Wi-Fi on your computer, connect a hardline to an ethernet port, and type of the MAC address from the bottom of unit and you should be able to get in with winbox is the basic approach. Your PC will need an IP, but even a self-assigned (169.254.x.x) one will work when using a MAC address in winbox.

One tip: If your RouterOS unit has multiple ethernet ports, do NOT use the one marked in "Internet" (ether1). Then your router may appear in the bottom view in winbox via "discovery" – since that's the default on "LAN" ports. Also having multiple connections on your PC when using MAC address may cause this to not work... why I suggest turning off Wi-Fi but same would go for other interfaces on PC like VPN or other ethernet connections etc.

Now YMMV depending on what's configured before you lost access with Wi-Fi.