Community discussions

MikroTik App

bitracer
just joined
Topic Author

WiFi issues with Apple devices since upgrade to 7.1

Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:56 pm

Ever since upgrading from 6.x branch to 7.1 I'm having issues with MacOS and iOS devices. Every once in a while, while connected to WiFi, the MacOS and iOS devices would lose internet connectivity. This happens even though the WiFi connection is active and the signal is strong. Quickly disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi brings back the internet connectivity but after a while the problem represents itself.

If appears to be related to the quantity of the data transferred. When I do a 3GB copy operation with multiple files, it fails every time. Wired connection is not affected.

I'm running CAPsMAN with 4 access points currently on RouterOS 7.1.5.

Any ideas?

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: WiFi issues with Apple devices since upgrade to 7.1

Wed Mar 30, 2022 5:43 am

Did you note if the problem was on 2.4 or 5?

DanielJB
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: WiFi issues with Apple devices since upgrade to 7.1

Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:21 am

Ever since upgrading from 6.x branch to 7.1 I'm having issues with MacOS and iOS devices. Every once in a while, while connected to WiFi, the MacOS and iOS devices would lose internet connectivity. This happens even though the WiFi connection is active and the signal is strong. Quickly disconnecting and reconnecting to the WiFi brings back the internet connectivity but after a while the problem represents itself.

If appears to be related to the quantity of the data transferred. When I do a 3GB copy operation with multiple files, it fails every time. Wired connection is not affected.

I'm running CAPsMAN with 4 access points currently on RouterOS 7.1.5.

Any ideas?
Elsewhere I have read this is fixed in RouterOS 7.2; it's worth checking. My opinion is it was an issue with beacon starvation due to beacons being sent at lower priorities.