Community discussions

MikroTik App

Dusan123
just joined
Topic Author

hAP ac² , local network , portal to server services

Sat Apr 02, 2022 9:47 am

Hallo all,
I would like to ask regarding hAP ac² router I bought.
My site topology is like:
2 PCs
1st on eth2 - lan port 2 - here is FTP and webserver running and other services I need to connect
2st on eth3 - lan port 3

I have wlan1 enabled, because I want to allow users connect to my local server.
I would like to have a landing page - landing page already downloaded and put to router using filezila

I am able to connect my services (at least 80) on 1st PC while typing its IP address and port

I would like to open users browser when access wifi hotspot . I think I need to return the response 302/307/200 to open bowser automatically or at least show popup message to user he needs to authenticate.

Here is the first problem from what I read I do not know how to set up this properly. I went through the documentation but it is unclear to me what everything I need to setup.
I went through hotspot wizad , uploaded the portal page data , but I think I need to setup firewall as well and response to (probably http get/post request) with mentioned codes in header.

I also want to let them go through the portal/landing page without providing the name/pass - found such template ...

the local network will not be used for consuming the internet connection but for services on particular device (PC1)

Can someone please help with setuping that ? I find one similar thread in here ( when guy wants to make only xampp service from server / pc available through the portal ) but link on that one was dead.

thanks in advance , Dusan

Dusan123
just joined
Topic Author

Re: hAP ac² , local network , portal to server services

Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:24 pm

@anav

Thanks you for providing usefull information.
I was able to setup hotspot and use landing page sucesfully
I also created test user User1 and was able to connect.
I was also able to change domain name of the router amd connect with the user using the landpage / captive portal.

Although I was able to do that, I am missing one importent thing.
After I connect wifi no landing page with browser is opened automaticaly. I am just getting the info there is no internet available. Of course is not because it meant to be offline wifi as a service with local server where I can provide my services .

Is there a option to force poping the notice in worst case that you need to log in or on the best case open the browser with landing page.

Not sure what step or settings I missed .
Could you please give me a hint or summarize the steps needed?
Thanks so much !

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: hAP ac² , local network , portal to server services

Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:35 pm

I have no experience with hotspot etc, but hopefully somebody that does will pop by.