Community discussions

MikroTik App

Geekless
just joined
Topic Author

CAP AC Apple M1 doesn't like Wi-Fi - works on all android phones and also on ipad

Mon Apr 04, 2022 12:15 pm

Hello,

I have strange behivor of CAP AC wifi, it shows like full range/all WIFI bars full but when connected then only 2. on Apple M1

But on Android and on IPAD it all good.

Just tested another Windows laptop - same shows full wifi signal but when connected then only two wifi bars.

Any ideas?

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAP AC Apple M1 doesn't like Wi-Fi - works on all android phones and also on ipad

Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:27 pm

Fear, intimidation? capac says.......... OMFG that is like a power chips and all modern like. I cannot compete and its too fast for me.......... where is my momma hapac1?

Did you try different settings??
Change the 5ghz to AC only for example? Change frequencies or bandwidth from 80 down to 40 wide??

hard to say without a config, and thus the silly answers and guesses!

/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish

tangent
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CAP AC Apple M1 doesn't like Wi-Fi - works on all android phones and also on ipad

Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:41 am

There is no standard for “bars.” Three is supposed to be better than two, but by how much? Five is supposed to be best, but is Device A’s five the same as Device B's five? And what if the bars max out at four? Is it inherently worse than a device that maxes out at five?

In addition to the config, reliable benchmark numbers would be good.

Geekless
just joined
Topic Author

Tue Apr 05, 2022 12:02 pm

Changed SSID and all good. Somehow Mac M1 wanted to stick with other CAP AC not closest one.

All other settings I played with frequency etc. didn't gave result.

killersoft
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Tue Apr 05, 2022 3:22 pm

Wireless Tables -> Access list is your friend...
Kick low signal clients( from the perspective of the AP ) using it.
E.g
/interface wireless access-list
add allow-signal-out-of-range=30s interface=wlan1 signal-range= -86..120 
add allow-signal-out-of-range=1s authentication=no forwarding=no interface=wlan1 signal-range=-120..-87