Community discussions

MikroTik App

jef152
just joined
Topic Author

simple queue and fasttrack w/ mangle sanity check

Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:14 am

I have a simple queue (using cake and only for upload) along with fasttrack turned on. I have mangle marking the upload packets so I can accept them before the fasttrack rule. I would love if I could get a sanity check if any of this is setup right(see below). It LOOKS like it's working but I'm still new to Mikrotik, especially when setting up queues. One thing I didn't know, should the accept before fasttrack rule be rerouting or forward?

Mangle:
;;; Upload connection mark
chain=forward action=mark-connection new-connection-mark=upload-connection passthrough=yes out-interface=ether12 log=no log-prefix=""

;;; upload pkt mark
chain=forward action=mark-packet new-packet-mark=upload-pkt passthrough=no src-address-list=Local 192.168.1.x connection-mark=upload-connection log=no log-prefix=""

Filter rule:
;;; accept upload marked packets before fasttrack
chain=forward action=accept connection-state=established,related packet-mark=upload-pkt log=no log-prefix=""

Queue:
Simple queue
name="cake" parent=none packet-marks=upload-pkt priority=8/8 queue=ethernet-default/cake-up limit-at=0/0 max-limit=0/0 burst-limit=0/0 burst-threshold=0/0 burst-time=0s/0s
bucket-size=0.1/0.1 total-queue=cake-default

AidanAus
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: simple queue and fasttrack w/ mangle sanity check

Thu Apr 21, 2022 9:33 am

why do you need to mangle rule? you should be able to do the same with just the filter rule by using the src-address list etc? using the packet and connection mark just cases issues.
Using the packet and connection mark combo is great as it can help reduce CPU usage but I would recommend having all the filters set to the packet mark then just have the packet mark filter in the connection mark rule just makes it easier for diagnosing issues in the future :)