volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

multiple bug reports

Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:56 pm

ROS 7.3beta33:

change default logging rule of info, to info & firewall

create a system logging rule of firewall and disable it.

all logging functions stop.

conflicting rules should not stop logging daemon.

SWOS 2.13:

Mikrotik S-RJ01 is locked to 1 GBPS

couldnt run it on 100 mbps on new RB260GSP.

unchecking auto-neg checkbox doesnt show speed selection dropdown menu

ROS 7.3beta33

causes random reboots on rb4011.

there isnt any log entry or autosupout except

router was rebooted without proper shutdown

note; power is regulated via UPS and other devices do not restart. Power supply is orginal and output voltage is normal.

thanks and regards
Last edited by volkirik on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: multiple bug reports

Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:05 pm

Why post all this here?

Contact support@mikrotik.com for each bug.

volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:13 pm

erm, i was expecting bugfix release on fast ring, if possible

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:22 pm

When you have problems with your car, do you ask your doctor, who also knows your mechanic, or do you ask the mechanic directly?

volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:27 pm

i am not violating forum rules. i have already reported to support.
Last edited by volkirik on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:31 pm

What are you referring to?

If you HAVE NOT WRITTEN something like "already reported to support", it is obvious that someone will ask you to do it...
The problem is what you DID NOT WRITE...

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:10 pm

i am not violating forum rules. i have already reported to support.
You don't owe the obnoxious, angry troll any explanations. Some of us are actually interested in hearing others' bug reports, because we may be experiencing the same issues. Without a community sharing their experiences, we wouldn't know if we're alone experiencing those issues. MikroTik support is not publicly disclosed, a ticket is between the person submitting the report and the MikroTik as a company, whose support is inundated with support tickets right now, and I can say from personal experience that responses are unacceptably slow and mostly void of useful information. These forums are a community-oriented discussion platform to discuss all aspects of MikroTik & RouterOS, including bugs and issues. Thanks for taking the time in your busy day to share your experiences with the rest of us. Hopefully more will follow

volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:20 pm

appreciate your comment @fragtion. thanks.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:26 pm

This is user forum, not support forum, and is bad if the user have some problems and do not ask official support for that.

volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:34 pm

This is user forum, not support forum, and is bad if the user have some problems and do not ask official support for that.
yeah whatever. you must be right, in own way,

do not forget to troll new release topic's bug posts.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:37 pm

if i was really a troll i would have already replied to @fragtion
Last edited by rextended on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:39 pm

if i was really a troll i would have already replied to @fragtion
:lol:
i would sign it if i could

so if there is any chance, i would also like no-replies from you.
Last edited by volkirik on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:39 pm

Well, I think you're keeping a troll behavior, continuing on this steps.

Anyway:

viewtopic.php?t=180989#p927891

viewtopic.php?t=185067#p927874

viewtopic.php?t=184992#p925696

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:43 pm

I guess I can see why there's a confusion over here. Being professional, patient, helpful and polite belongs in the official support platform, while being impulsively intolerant, rude, unhelpful, arrogant, and making stupid analogies about mechanics and doctors, belongs in the "user forum" where support discussions are mysteriously outlawed. Why? because rextended said so. It all makes sense to me now. I can see the light... thanks @rextended :D Now I know why I have support tickets over 6 months old with no reply. I'm supposed to be patient while the poor overloaded support team deals with all our issues ... So much for the delicate balancing act between "solving important bugs" vs "adding new requested features". No wonder it's such a tight decision, support are handling every users queries alone because users are all following rextended's advice..er, instructions. Anyway before this becomes too petty or gets out of hand... I think i've made my point. I guess we can never control the attitude of every individual. It is a user forum after all. But I can say with certainty that I would be even more of a MikroTik diehard if these forums weren't plagued by such intolerance and know-it-alls. I guess user forums are supposed to resemble childrens playgrounds. It really is an unfortunate dampener on the overall experience. As if all the bugs in v7 or hardware issues on some newer devices weren't disappointing enough already. Not surprising then why some vendors/manufacturers avoid such user forums altogether
Last edited by fragtion on Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:52 pm

ROS:
change default logging rule of info, to info & firewall
create a system logging rule of firewall and disable it.
all logging functions stop.
conflicting rules should not stop logging daemon.
You can not be more precise?
What RouterOS version?
Tried on 6.48.6, I can not be able to reproduce the bug.

I do not have CSS106-1G-4P-1S and RB4011 can not test the other two.

EDIT:
so if there is any chance, i would also like no-replies from you.
Volkirk edit OP post, now ROS 7.3beta33 is indicated.
Last edited by rextended on Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:55 pm

@fragtion, until new users, just registered, (I not talk about @volkirik) can post another time the same question,
instead of searching first if the same question is not already present, with a title like "I need help", etc.
The user forum stil hard to be usable also for support....
But you have already understand what I mean.

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:18 pm

But you have already understand what I mean.
Yes, I do agree that users should search before posting... nothing annoys me more than another user posting "my router shows red error that it's not operating on default cpu frequency" or "openvpn udp is not working on routeros v7", for the millionth time

But on the flip side, we need to understand why not every user does use the search function in a perfect world sense. It's called path of least resistance. Besides for the fact that the forum isn't designed/coded to encourage users to search before posting, the search function also needs to sift through hundreds-of-thousands of unique threads, and that it is not always easy to find the perfect solution to every problem as every situation is unique in some way.

It's easier (and often quicker) to ask a question and receive a reply that is directly related to your problem. If you understand this concept, your immediate response should not be anger as then you're going to generally be angry most of the time you spend on these threads because we're dealing with something that's basically impossible to ever enforce absolutely unless the forum code is changed to incentivize users to always search first.

There are lots of users like you & I who enjoy browsing this forum precisely for the continuous traffic, seeing new posts and having interactions with users about problem solving etc. So it's even better if those people (like you and me) can welcome those new users with helpfulness and be a part of building the MikroTik brand into a more reputable one associated with a helpful and friendly community where productive responses can be found, than a place where people are even too scared to even post their questions or avoid the brand altogether because some users with 7000 posts and "forum guru" status is allowed to bark at new users questions with stupid analogies discouraging interactions, effectively representing the company in a way that is ultimately detrimental to the brand and overall sales and perception. The truth is, your contribution makes that kind of difference in the big picture, so try to make it count in a more positive and constructive way is all I'm saying. You don't have to listen to me, but you also aren't going to stop me from stepping in and pointing out your obnoxiousness whenever it rears its ... head, either. You'd have to get me banned in order to achieve that ;)

Anyway this is all derailing OP's questions and has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. Hopefully this can get back on topic now I'm done squabbling with you , got better things to do with my time lol
Last edited by fragtion on Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:25 pm

Ok, I hope I have replied to you on constructive way instead of be, at your eyes, a troll (yes, understand, not literally).
I apologize about it, and I hope to improve the answers, but as you can see in other posts, I don't just "bark"...

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:37 pm

as you can see in other posts, I don't just "bark"...
👍🏻 Absolutely, thanks for all your service, can't fault or discredit you there (or come anywhere near to matching the contributions you've made). Sorry for clashing with you, I'm glad we see eye to eye again. See you around :)

msatter
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:40 pm

The number of posting does not say much. I don't look at my my posting number because it does not interest me unless it is used to gain a some kind of status what I don't like at all.

Being a Guru is something that comes to you when you reach a certain number of posting. I never put any value into that, because of what I wrote above.

So not all is as it seems to be and when you have spent a lot of time on this forum you will see who are serious and who are not.

Searching in this forum is a pita and I use sometimes a public search engine to find combinations. Also remembering things I read here helps to find stuff back. Members have interest in different areas and so, we can help each other, because no one knows it all.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:07 am

Everything you wrote is right for me. I have nothing to add.

volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:32 am

glad you made peace.

i love cats, too. :D

volkirik
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:37 pm

ecmp ipv4/ipv6 is broken in ros v7.

hope you can fix it, i reverted back to latest stable of ROSv6

serogo
just joined

Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:04 am

CHR: 7.12.1
1) date of last login is not tracked for created users
2) I've created user with "test" policy, but I can't complete speed test from another CHR. It show an error "Authentication error".

Thanks