Community discussions

MikroTik App

Ufdah
just joined
Topic Author

Inserting Second Gateway/Router in Subnet

Thu Apr 21, 2022 7:58 pm

I need to add a second WAN connection to an existing subnet and would like ideas on how to do this with a hEX Lite. Here is the existing setup:

As mentioned in the drawing, the server for X Corp requests data from the RTU's using Cell 1's IP and port forwarding. To get data from RTU 1 the server polls 172.17.48.50:4000. My task now is to add a second cell modem for Y Corp that can also request data from the RTU's. The catch to this is that I cannot change the configuration on Cell 1 and need to leave the IP's on the RTU's the same as well, however I can change the RTU's gateway address. Which leads me to the following potential setup:

Is it possible to insert the hEX Lite that I have in place of the unmanaged switch and have it act as a dedicated gateway/router upstream of the cell modems and provide network separation? I'm open to any potential solutions here. Whatever leads to the best network separation (security) and independence while still allowing traffic flow is what I'm looking for. Thanks!