Community discussions

MikroTik App

WizGirl
just joined
Topic Author

Dual Wan Severe packet loss and connection issues

Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:20 am

Hi, Today I migrated my home network from an Edgerouter 4, to an RB3011UiAS because I had been having consistent issues with the Edgerouter not actually opening ports and observing firewall rules. I have my network all set up and working, with the exception of one thing. I have a roof mounted LTE dish, and it serves as my backup WAN, I know for a fact its not the LTE dish causing the issues, its my configuration on the RB3011, because it works perfectly if you plug directly into it with a computer, or if you use the main WAN port on the RB3011 (eth1). The problem comes when you try to serve the network with eth2, my secondary wan port. I get some connection, but not very good. If you ping google from within the RB3011, you will see high ping and alot of timeouts. I have been smashing my head against my network nearly all day, and if anyone could give me some help, that would be amazing! On the bright side, at least my firewall and NAT rules are working properly. All things considered, I am still fairly new to getting in real depth with networking, its probably something horribly simple I am forgetting.

I can export configs if needed.

Thanks!
Wiz

WizGirl
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Dual Wan Severe packet loss and connection issues

Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:11 pm

New day, new attempts at fixing this issue. I tried setting up ethernet 3 as the secondary WAN, and, it just worked. I still don't know why it does not work on ether 2?