Community discussions

MikroTik App

frankcesco
just joined
Topic Author

LHGG LTE6 Cell Tower Lock Sporadic Performance Issues

Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:10 pm

Dear Forum,

I'm an happy owner of a MikroTik LHGG LTE6 Router which I'm using in Switzerland. It is running RouterOS v7.1.5 (stable) and Modem Firmware R11e-LTE6_V033.
In my area the device jumps between two different cells, one performing significantly better the the other. So I have decided to lock the Cell and I'm pretty happy with such a setting.

However, once every 3 days in average it happen that the performance is dramatically reduced by no evident reasons, despite the proper cell is linked. All the signal merit factors remain unchanged and quite good (RSSI -50dBm, RSRP -81dBm, SINR 18dB and RSRQ -8.0dB), but the download/upload rate are decreased by a factor of 100.

In these cases I proceed rebooting the antenna, or just disable/enable the modem itself and everything go back working perfectly.
Have you an idea about what could cause this problem? Is it maybe the provider itself who do not "desire" me to fix lock to its cell?

Thank you very much in advance

PS. I have experienced the same issue even with the previous firmwares, nothing changed after the latest upgrade.