Community discussions

MikroTik App

clinttt
just joined
Topic Author

[HELP] : Advertise Static IP over BGP or OSPF

Mon Apr 25, 2022 4:43 am

Good Day everyone,

I would like to ask for your suggestions, I am just a newbie. The thing is I have 3 isp with static IP given by my Provider and I want to Advertise or broadcast using BGP or OSPF.
I really donk know where to start I hope you can help me how to build a proper CORE for my business..

Thank you and have a nice day

loloski
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: [HELP] : Advertise Static IP over BGP or OSPF

Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:08 am

if you don't have your own IP block or address from RIR you don't need BGP, I humbly suggest you go back to network academy or have someone mentor you on strengthening your networking skills, just my 0.2$, if you are a startup ISP you don't need dynamic routing in most cases.

clinttt
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:14 am

if you don't have your own IP block or address from RIR you don't need BGP, I humbly suggest you go back to network academy or have someone mentor you on strengthening your networking skills, just my 0.2$, if you are a startup ISP you don't need dynamic routing in most cases.
Thanks for the reply, sir. I already have basic knowledge of how things work but you see i don't have enough experience on actual deployment on advertising static IP I hope you can give me some ideas. I really appreciate your response :) :)

loloski
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:30 am

Ok let put this into context if your aim is to provide public IP to your customer and this public IP is owned by the upstream based on your description, then you don't need dynamic routing to do that, you have to design first your network how you are going to handover the service to your customer via PPPoE/DHCP/static routing, your design your choice this is no easy feat if you just barely know the surface routing is based on 2 principles routing and switching to design your network you have to know them both no exceptions that's why i encourage you to go to academy first not necessarily based on mikrotik platform. if you are really in a hurry you have to hire a network professional to do the design for you.

The key for doing what you want is to route a specific ip block going to your BRAS server first then to the customer, normally you can achieved this you have to established /30 address from your router going to customer router then route your desired ip block going to the customer equipment using the /30 address.