MikroTik App

Krisken
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CHR expired, what to do?

Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:01 pm

Hello,
Yesterday I've installed a new Mikrotik CHR on a virtual machine and configured it completely.
I bought a license at DectDirect (https://www.dectdirect.nl/nl/cloud-host ... 1gbit.html) so I could use it right away.

Biggest issue : when I try to boot up the CHR, it will stop working within 15 seconds due to the fact that the 24h limit is over.

Is there a possibility to get the CHR working again for a few minutes so that I can link the license to the router?
I tought that licenses would be given out directly, but it seems that they still need to do a lot manually.

Kris

Sob
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: CHR expired, what to do?

Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:22 pm

CHR doesn't have 24-hours limit, that's what regular x86 version for physical hardware has.

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CHR expired, what to do?

Mon Apr 25, 2022 6:25 pm

As stated by Sob, that's not CHR you got installed - probably a regular x86 install which has the legacy license type, different from CHR license... You could probably recover the config using a Linux live-cd, but in future you should be sure to back up config on the regular so that you can afford to restore/recover from a fresh install (presumably on a proper CHR installation next time)