Community discussions

MikroTik App

pcarlo71
just joined
Topic Author

Help with AP install

Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:37 pm

Hi All,

I've been using Mikrotik Routerboard RB2011UiAS-2HnD-IN for many years now without any problems (basement). I recently purchased MikroTik cAP ac Dual-band to extend WIFI access to the upstairs bedrooms. I followed Mikrotik's instructions from this video using CAPSMan and I don't know why it's not working.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taQ70m0DVYA

Are there basic setup instructions available? I just need to extend WIFI coverage (keeping the same SSID name, password, and bandwidth (2.4Ghz)

Thank you in advance.

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help with AP install  [SOLVED]

Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:05 am

CAPsMAN can be used, you will probably be ready sooner by not using it.

If you still want to give it a try:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/pages/vi ... sMANsystem

If you want some feedback, please share the config of both de CAPs and the CAPsMAN:
/export hide-sensitive file=anynameyoulike

woland
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Help with AP install

Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:17 pm

Hi,
for a single CAP, you should probably avoid using CAPSMAN. You have more features and more visibility without it and also less complexity. I am using Capsman, but I think it only really gives me a benefit from maybe 5 caps upwards.
But for both types of installations you can find lots of good videos on Youtube. I liked the ones from The Network Berg and also MAICT Consult. Also you can find good stuff from MUMs (Mikrotik User Meeting).
Ehemm, getting a specific answer for the question I have followed some video XYZ, why my config is not working, will be hard...

W

pcarlo71
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Help with AP install

Mon May 09, 2022 8:24 pm

Thank you erlinden, I followed the link you posted and I successfully installed the AP. The link instructions is completely different from the YouTube video.