Community discussions

MikroTik App

tommydog
just joined
Topic Author

How to enable equal bandwidth for all users on the network with some exceptions for certain ip addresses?

Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:45 am

I want to enable equal bandwidth for all users on the network with the following conditions:
a) I don't want to limit users to specific upload and download values. They can have unlimited bandwidth as long as this is shared equally between users.
b) The only exceptions are the below IP addresses who can have unlimited bandwidth AND TAKE PRIORITY over anyone else on the network:

Any of the above ip addresses can join the network and do high bandwidth activities even if it slows down the network for everyone else. They must be able to take priority and have as much bandwidth as they need.

As I have a very basic knowledge of networking, I would be grateful if you could look at my instructions below, and tell me if these will achieve what I want to do:

1) click on Queues menu
2) click on queues type
3) add two queues. One for download and one for upload

Download queue:
kind = pcq
Rate = leave blank for unlimited bandwidth
classifier = tick DST address

Upload queue:
kind = pcq
rate = leave blank for unlimited bandwidth
classifier = tick Src Address

4) Click on simple queues menu and add new simple que to target all of the users on the network:

Simple queue:
Name = all of network
Target = the ip of the router is 192.168.88.1 so I would put in 192.168.88.1/24
advanced tab = select the queue types that were made in step 3 for target upload and download

5) Give certain ip's priority over all other users so they can take as much bandwidth as they need. Make 3 simple queues with the target ip's:

For each ip set the target upload and target download to unlimited.

Advanced tab = select the 3 created queues as a parent of the all network queue made in step 4.

As I have very basic knowledge of networking, please can people let me know if following these instructions will enable me to do what I want to do? If not, I would be grateful if people could explain what I need to change.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to enable equal bandwidth for all users on the network with some exceptions for certain ip addresses?

Tue Apr 26, 2022 11:50 am

Is the 3trd topic you open about the same thing.

viewtopic.php?t=185403
viewtopic.php?t=185410

@anav, @cdemers, @joegoldman and @Larsa, on previous posts, already send to you links that you need to study.

If you want to talk about it, keep using this topic.

tommydog
just joined
Topic Author

Re: How to enable equal bandwidth for all users on the network with some exceptions for certain ip addresses?

Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 pm

Is the 3trd topic you open about the same thing.
It is not about the same thing. The question is totally different.

This question is totally different and I even gave a detailed example. I just need to know if my example is correct. I'm not posting it in the other threads as its a different question.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:59 pm

Its the same topic, organize your thoughts and get the answer to your questions in this thread. Once one question is answered then move to the next. Keeping it here, is less confusing for everyone trying to help and the context of your setup is much more fully understood. In other words it will allow us to help you better.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Apr 30, 2022 5:30 pm

It seems its not all that important as you are MIA???
Good to know! It helps prioritize my time.