Community discussions

MikroTik App

szalkerous
Topic Author

Hardware offload 802.3ad on newer CCR2004 models? CCR2004 model recommended?

Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:10 pm

Is there any updates on newer CCR router models like the CCR2004-1G-12S+2XS using the ARM-based Annapurna Labs AL32400 (4-core 1700Mhz) that support hardware offload bonding for things like link aggregation (802.3ad)?

Looking for a hardware solution to replace my aging CCR1009-8G-1S-1S+ and the CCR2004-1G-12S+2XS looks good but things like hardware offload will be the deal maker for an upgrade, because otherwise the CCR1009 is doing fine so far (although I've lost a gbit port, my only SFP+ port is taken and there's no other real future-proof port on it.... and it seems some things like heavy use of QoS queues bring it to its knees) ... also concerned how much longer Tilera-based hardware will be supported since it's been (sadly) gone now for quite a while.

Bonus question... does the Annapurna Labs solutions perform better than the other ARM-based Mikrotik hardware? My ARM-based cap-AC access points take FOREVER to reboot (like 1-2mins), where the exterior BaseBox/NetBox units based on mipsbe are almost instant (< 15sec). My CCR is almost instant (<10s). So I almost feel a bias against ARM routerboard units... but I hope I'm comparing apples and oranges.