Community discussions

MikroTik App

method
Topic Author

Huge request PLEASE !!!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:54 pm

I really have a huge request because so far I had routers for v6, and something bad is starting to happen with them, with hardware.
Can anyone help me with a ready bgp filter ? I advertise 2 classes (/23 and /24), I just need a recipe on how to set their advertisement in the filter, prepend and local_pref, nothing else. Please help. I am configuring CCR2116-12G-4S + with RoS 7.2.1.

And please do not refer me to the guides, because I do not have time for this, the whole network is hanging by a thread. I will be grateful for your help.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Huge request PLEASE !!!

Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:09 pm

Hire a consultant then........... ( or get your employer to hire someone with MT certifications)
https://mikrotik.com/consultants

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:51 pm

@method just a hint, before putting a major upgrade in production, it's best practice to perform extensive testing in a lab environment and also have a working rollback plan. If you're really in a hurry and unable to perform this task yourself, I'd take @anav's advice and hire a consultant the first thing tomorrow morning.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:29 pm

@method just a hint, before putting a major upgrade in production, it's best practice to perform extensive testing in a lab environment and also have a working rollback plan. If you're really in a hurry and unable to perform this task yourself, I'd take @anav's advice and hire a consultant the first thing tomorrow morning.
Hence my suggestion for a consultant or find someone who is actually trained. Such hints would have been on the first test and reinforced every test thereafter. Would have been like telling an astronaut, check your spacesuit prior to exiting the space capsule DOH!!

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:13 pm

Hence my suggestion for a consultant or find someone who is actually trained. Such hints would have been on the first test and reinforced every test thereafter. Would have been like telling an astronaut, check your spacesuit prior to exiting the space capsule DOH!!

Yeah but to be picky I believe the astronauts don't perform the actual controls themselves but I get the drift!

Regarding testing, you unfortunately need to burn your fingers badly a few times before you get the message...

Buckeye
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:49 pm

And please do not refer me to the guides, because I do not have time for this, the whole network is hanging by a thread. I will be grateful for your help.
But you think everyone else has time to help? I agree, if you don't want to do your job, hire someone.

This isn't the first time you have not tested, and then blamed the tools for a poor job.
search.php?author_id=1917&sr=posts

method
Topic Author

Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:50 pm

Read it slowly and with understanding. The consultant won't help me within an hour and this time. But thanks, you guys are assholes and that's it.

Buckeye
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran

Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:54 pm

But thanks, you guys are assholes and that's it.
We are just waiting for you to pass through.
Last edited by Buckeye on Thu Apr 28, 2022 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:53 am

you guys are assholes and that's it.

To be an asshole it takes @method...

method
Topic Author

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:13 am

you guys are assholes and that's it.

To be an asshole it takes @method...
I call an asshole people who forgot what the word "help" means. Only cash cash cash.
It makes me sick, but thanks anyway.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 28, 2022 11:19 am

If you are using ROS v6 then you can start by looking at this article:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:S ... ultihoming

It explains basic stuff on how to advertise networks and set BGP attributes in routing filtes.

Larsa
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 12:31 pm

If there still is a working config for v6, my advice is to first roll back and then try to convert the filters to v7 in a test environment separate from production.

Then you can ask questions in the forum specifically for v7 until everything works as intended without haste.

BartoszP
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:46 pm

I call an asshole people who forgot what the word "help" means. Only cash cash cash. It makes me sick, but thanks anyway.
Jumping head first from the rock to the unknown deep and visibility water is very dangerous and could make you sick. No doubt.
You should think about possible problems in advance not after breaking neck. Do not blame volunteers for your problems. Call ER team.

method
Topic Author

Thu Apr 28, 2022 2:59 pm

If you are using ROS v6 then you can start by looking at this article:
https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:S ... ultihoming

It explains basic stuff on how to advertise networks and set BGP attributes in routing filtes.
I have no problems with v6, the point is to move the filters from v6 to v7 so that they work the same. I will manage somehow. Thanks.

mrz
MikroTik Support
MikroTik Support

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:01 pm

Check this to understand most of the differences between v6 and v7:
https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... h+examples

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:04 pm

I really have a huge request because so far I had routers for v6, and something bad is starting to happen with them, with hardware.
Can anyone help me with a ready bgp filter ? I advertise 2 classes (/23 and /24), I just need a recipe on how to set their advertisement in the filter, prepend and local_pref, nothing else. Please help. I am configuring CCR2116-12G-4S + with RoS 7.2.1.

Just to get this straight ...
not 2 months ago you came bitching here about ROS and how awful it was but you found the solution.
See: viewtopic.php?p=915250#p915250
and to quote your own words..
But it works for me, and I'm not fucking telling you how.
Yet NOW you want the same user population to assist you on that config which was super-classified-top-notch-secret-only-for-me ??
And you can not see that you harvest what you planted some time ago ?

I think you have other problems then only a configuration misbehaving ...

method
Topic Author

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:43 pm

Just to get this straight ...
not 2 months ago you came bitching here about ROS and how awful it was but you found the solution.
See: viewtopic.php?p=915250#p915250
and to quote your own words..
But it works for me, and I'm not fucking telling you how.
Yet NOW you want the same user population to assist you on that config which was super-classified-top-notch-secret-only-for-me ??
And you can not see that you harvest what you planted some time ago ?

I think you have other problems then only a configuration misbehaving ...
I found a solution for ipv6 bgp in RoS7 , but that was wiki for v6. and you, my friend, back off and dont talk to me.
I would blame the RoS 7 but unfortunately this CCR cannot be downgraded, that's why I asked. And you are picking on and searching for my nickname on the forum to prove your point. Pathetic.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 3:50 pm

It takes @method in calling RouterOS 7 bull shit, and then buying a device with "your" bull shit on it.

Specifications
Operating System RouterOS (v7 only)

https://mikrotik.com/product/ccr2116_12g_4splus

Your fault, next time check first.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Apr 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Does that mean the Op will leave this thread six times faster....... luvving it!!