Community discussions

MikroTik App

Knopper
just joined
Topic Author

Active route flag not cleared when route switch occurs

Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:53 pm

I have a Dual-WAN configuration with Failover and noticed that when the default route switches, the Active route flag on the (now active) route is not set in the view. To see that the active default route has indeed switched, you need to close the Routes window and reopen it. The same thing happens in reverse - when the route with the lower distance becomes available again, the A flag on it is set, however the A flag on the failover route is not cleared. If you look at the table without reopening it, you see two active default routes in the same routing table with different distances which is confusing. Of course, only one of them is used, but maybe this is a bug? The interface for which the flags are not toggled is of LTE type if this makes any difference. I am using version 7.2.1.

aentezari
just joined

Re: Active route flag not cleared when route switch occurs

Sun May 01, 2022 8:59 am

I exactly have this problem .
I have 4 Gre Tunnles on my router and I have configured OSPF on these Gre Tunnles .
Also I want 4 failover Static Routes on Gre tunnles inorder to when OSPF goes down , router uses this static routes .
I have configured these static routes with different distances , when I deactive OSPF , One of the static routes works and after deactiving one of the static route , then the othere routes wont work and I dont have any failover route .
Any Ideas ?

Knopper
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Active route flag not cleared when route switch occurs

Sun May 01, 2022 4:22 pm

I am not sure this is the same problem. You claim that your failover configuration does not work which is another issue. The problem I described concerns (in my opinion) a bug which does not correctly display the active route, but in fact the routes are being switched appropriately. Maybe you should post another topic describing your issue.