Community discussions

MikroTik App

mikham
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot Problem

Thu Apr 28, 2022 9:31 pm

I have set up a hotspot login, with some of user profiles and user on my hEX PoE router
both AP from built in of my hEX PoE router works well, users will be prompted to login hotspot page,

However ...
i have a mesh wifi Access Point (Tenda Nova Mw6) plugged in to port 2 of my hEX PoE router, if there are 10 devices connected to that AP
and 1 of them have been logged in using 1 account, all of 10 devices will be automated logged in. So these devices are using 1 hotspot account, hence i have set the share user value to 1 in user profiles Image

any solution for this ?

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hotspot Problem

Fri Apr 29, 2022 12:13 am

Yes, change the tenda sht with someting better.
Tenda change all connected MAC address with it's own, and is why is sufficent than just only one authenticate, than all the others be autenticated...

mikham
just joined
Topic Author

Sat May 07, 2022 5:04 am

Thank you for the reply, should i buy another Ap Router and replace the tenda router or is there any solution ?

sultanbrunei

Wed May 18, 2022 3:47 am

Thank you for the reply, should i buy another Ap Router and replace the tenda router or is there any solution ?
Hi Mikham,
did you found any solution to your problem? I also had this very same problem.
Have you tried to change tenda configuration of internet settings to BRIDGE mode?
I think hotspot should work correctly if you set the tenda nova in bridge mode, however in my setup if I choose bridge mode, interface would link down and link up erratically.
If I set the tenda to DHCP mode, only user need to authenticate and all the remaining devices no need to authenticate however internet is working correctly.

Now I want to change tenda nova to something else, such as TP-link deco. However I need some assurances that the deco would work beautifully with mikrotik system.

sultanbrunei

Wed May 18, 2022 3:48 am

Yes, change the tenda sht with someting better.
Tenda change all connected MAC address with it's own, and is why is sufficent than just only one authenticate, than all the others be autenticated...
Do you know any mesh router that is compatible with mikrotik system?

mikham
just joined
Topic Author

Sun Jun 25, 2023 5:33 pm

Hi Mikham,
did you found any solution to your problem? I also had this very same problem.
Have you tried to change tenda configuration of internet settings to BRIDGE mode?
I think hotspot should work correctly if you set the tenda nova in bridge mode, however in my setup if I choose bridge mode, interface would link down and link up erratically.
If I set the tenda to DHCP mode, only user need to authenticate and all the remaining devices no need to authenticate however internet is working correctly.

Now I want to change tenda nova to something else, such as TP-link deco. However I need some assurances that the deco would work beautifully with mikrotik system.
I have changed the tenda nova 6 with other AP, it works perfectly