Community discussions

MikroTik App

Volans
Topic Author

MAC based VLANs on CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+/SwOS 2.13

Wed May 04, 2022 5:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I try to setup MAC based VLAN as kind of auto voice VLAN functionality. I tried it the way it is described here: https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:C ... Based_VLAN

I have a phone on port 40, connected to that phone is a PC. Both devices are sending untagged traffic. DHCP snooping deactiviated for port 40.
Port 40 is member of the client VLAN (ID 4050) and VoIP VLAN (ID 4052). Default VLAN ID is 4050, so both devices are in the client net. But the phone should be in VoIP net.
So I setup an ACL rule like in the attached screenshot. Unfortunately the phone never gets an IP from the DHCP server.

Is there something I do wrong? Is it even possible what I try to achieve?

Greets,
Karsten
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: MAC based VLANs on CRS354-48P-4S+2Q+/SwOS 2.13

Wed May 04, 2022 5:58 pm

I've never tried to do what you are doing, but I have a guess. The switch likely is properly putting the packets from the phone on the correct VLAN, but there is nothing to get packets correctly that are returning to the phone. If you can look at log activity for the DHCP server that is serving VLAN 4052, you will see if the phone DHCP request packets are getting to the DHCP server. That will at least confirm that packets from the phone are being VLAN encapsulated properly. You may need to add a second ACL rule for the MAC of the phone as a destination MAC on VLAN 4052, and tell it to untag the packet.
This is a guess...