Community discussions

MikroTik App

ciberteamva
just joined
Topic Author

MESH NET

Fri May 06, 2022 11:38 am

Hello everyone,

I have the following topology with MikroTik devices, where WiFi devices are all 2.4 Ghz:

As you can see, both mAP and wAP are connected to hEX POE by ethernet.

So, I would like to know if it is possible to make a mesh net connecting both mAP and wAP by WiFi, while they are connected to de hEX POE by ethernet.
And if answer is yes, Can you recommend me any tutorial where it is explained?

Thank everyone very much and have a good day.

Ca6ko

Re: MESH NET

Sat May 07, 2022 9:55 pm

There is a MESH section in the settings for this

ciberteamva
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 09, 2022 10:47 am

There is a MESH section in the settings for this
I know, in fact, i´ve already running a CapsMan net, but, as I have seen in all of youtube tutorial for Mesh Net, eveyone uses 5g & 2.4g devices for run a Mesh net.
Do you mean with my only 2.4g devices I can deploy a mesh net? And can I deploy it using ethernet for connect AP to the central node and WiFi for connect AP with each other APs?

Thank you very much and have a good day.

Ca6ko

Mon May 09, 2022 3:15 pm

and WiFi for connect AP with each other APs?
Of course you can, as long as you are happy with the drastic reduction in speeds across the entire interconnected WiFi network. The speed reduction with 2 APs connected via WIFI would be 8 times.

There are 2 terms MESH. One is used by marketing people in various cheap brands for housewives, the other is used by network engineers. Mikrotik uses the terminology of the network engineers. Means that each AP has 2-3 network connections to the internet and automatically switches between them.

Use Capsman and connect the APs with a cable.

ciberteamva
just joined
Topic Author

Mon May 09, 2022 7:15 pm

and WiFi for connect AP with each other APs?
Of course you can, as long as you are happy with the drastic reduction in speeds across the entire interconnected WiFi network. The speed reduction with 2 APs connected via WIFI would be 8 times.

There are 2 terms MESH. One is used by marketing people in various cheap brands for housewives, the other is used by network engineers. Mikrotik uses the terminology of the network engineers. Means that each AP has 2-3 network connections to the internet and automatically switches between them.

Use Capsman and connect the APs with a cable.
Ok, I already assumed that it would lose speed, but I wanted to know if it is possible.
Thank you very much for your advice.