Community discussions

MikroTik App

jay22
just joined
Topic Author

Some Mikrotik CHR on same subnet and queue(download) does not work!

Sat May 07, 2022 5:43 pm

Hey,

We have an ESXi server and installed like ~50 VMs (Linux, Windows, Mikrotik CHR) on it.
We have set up a VM(Mikrotik CHR) as the gateway to manage BW and sort of a firewall, the main purpose is passing all other VMs' network through this VM.
(attached)

Now, we are trying to put a speed limit for VMs using our gateway VM(Mikrotik CHR), with Queue, and only the upload limit works, download limit does not! (we have no Fasttrack rule)

I found this topic that says if I have another Mikrotik CHR on the same subnet that is passing from the same gateway(which we have like 5 of VMs with CHR OS), the download limit won't work:
https://serverfault.com/questions/10977 ... and-mangle

Do you guys know why and is there any solution for our situation?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jay22
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Some Mikrotik CHR on same subnet and queue(download) does not work!

Tue May 10, 2022 2:12 pm

Update:::::

I have turned off all Mikrotik VMs, only the gateway Mikrotik VM is online and all traffic should pass through this.
Still, I can not limit Download speed!

PS: I'm trying with a Windows VM in the same subnet and the gateway for this VM, is set as Mikrotik's main IP.

Any Idea?

Betty956
just joined

Re: Some Mikrotik CHR on same subnet and queue(download) does not work!

Thu May 26, 2022 8:49 am

I thought that it was time for me to approach Mikrotik Queues and make some experiments with it to figure out how to limit and prioritize traffic on my LAN for certain IPs, interfaces, etc.
So, in Simple Queues, I set 2M donwload and upload limits for one IP of my LAN. It was simple to set and works great.
I deleted that setup, and I tried to limit the bandwith of my Mikrotik's wlan2 wifi interface, but it doesn't work. I checked it by using speed test. It was as if I hadn't set the limit.

/queue simple add comment="2m limit Wlan2 5Gh" max-limit=2M/2M name="2M limit WLAN2" target=wlan2

How comes?

Thanks