Community discussions

MikroTik App

dkmj
just joined
Topic Author

SXT 5HnD, running out of memory in 7.2 bransch

Sun May 08, 2022 11:31 am

Hi

i mistakenly upgraded my very old hardware to the latest branch. Running out of memory.

Can I downgrade to 6. branch? or as an alternative,
Can i remove 'modules' inside 7.2 code to help performance of my very simple use case. a 1-1 PTP link connecting two buildings with same owner (distance about 250 m, some trees and other obstacles on )

link was robust for ten years but two weeks ago dropped dead. this was on the 6. brach code. After much agony and understanding cabling and hardware was still ok, we think we isolated fail mode to frequent 'radar detection'. could this be caused by malbehaving wifi in 5GHz band in the signal pathway? anyway, I am now on nstream instead of nv2 and link is mostly up, except when my side of the link dies and reboots due to lack of memory, after i stupidly upgraded to 7.2 branch on my very old hardware.

cheers,
Peter outside Stockholm, Sweden

Rox169

Re: SXT 5HnD, running out of memory in 7.2 bransch

Sun May 08, 2022 11:35 am

hi, try 7.2.3 there is fix for memmory leak...

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: SXT 5HnD, running out of memory in 7.2 bransch

Sun May 08, 2022 11:47 am

You can downgrade using netinstall.
Unfortunately, netinstall of a roof-mounted device is always tricky as the normal way of doing it is "keep button pressed for 30 seconds from powerup".
But there is a way round it: you can set boot device to "try ethernet once then nand" in system->routerboard->settings and then do system->reboot.
Of course when doing this you should have the cable connected to a single computer where netinstall.exe is already running (and everything is setup in the magic way to allow it to function).
Then you can netinstall 6.49.6 to it and re-configure it.
W.r.t. the radar detection problem, it can be the result of a strong transmitter on a different frequency, e.g. some microwave link on a licensed channel.
We have this problem at one location and we just switched the radar detection off.