Community discussions

MikroTik App

sultanbrunei
Topic Author

Hotspot error on Wifi Interface

Mon May 16, 2022 2:44 pm

Hello,

I have successfully set-up my home network using Mikrotik. All is well. Internet is working, LAN is working, wifi internet is working correctly.
I have a home mesh-wifi router from Tenda, which is set to bridge mode. This handle the wifi.

When I setup a hotspot (using hotspot setup) on the interface that goes to one of Tenda router, the hotspot is working erratically.
Meaning it would log-in,... and then internet connection suddenly stops.. wifi disconnects... and then reconnects again.. slow speed. or something like that.
I checked log and it ALWAYS have this kind of error.
duplex.png

How can I fix this?
Is this a possibility of bad router? (however router had no problem at all if connected to mikrotik not in a hotspot mode)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

sultanbrunei
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot error on Wifi Interface

Tue May 17, 2022 4:11 pm

i tried to change my wifi router mode from BRIDGE to DHCP....
and...
surprisingly there is no "ether link down ether link up" anymore. internet is working correctly.
However, because of setting it this way, the devices connected via wifi is not able to be in the same network as LAN network....

sultanbrunei
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot error on Wifi Interface

Wed May 18, 2022 3:30 am

Apparently, if I set my wifi router to DHCP mode, internet is working correcly, however hotspot did not work correctly.
After I succesfully login to the hotspot in one of my devices, all of the remaining devices is able to directly connect to the wifi without the need to login to the hotspot anymore.

If I set the wifi router back to BRIDGE mode, suddenly:
log2.png

Could this be an incompatibility issue of mikrotik Hex S with Tenda Nova MW3 ?
How do I know which mesh wifi router would be compatible with the Mikrotik?
Please comment, thank you
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.