Community discussions

MikroTik App

rushlife
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

NEW hw request, wish, desire

Mon May 16, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi folks of Mikrotik / my beloved company.

First, importatnt stuff, so SLAVA UKRAJINI !
Secondly, I realy badly need some new / revisited hw units like :

mAP lite, mAP - I need them with 1Gbps and dualband (b/g/n/ac) version
wsap - 1Gbps, also with more handy MODE button would be nice
small rack mounted switch with POE but also with 10Gbps sfp ports and ideally with 2.5Gbps interfaces also
powerfull router multiple 2.5Gbps eth ports and also with SFP+ ports
48 port switch with 2.5Gbps ports ?

It is something from what i want on any horizont ?

Thx 🙂

woland
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: NEW hw request, wish, desire

Mon May 16, 2022 5:53 pm

Hi,

well I opened a similar topic for new "Super mAPs" supporting 1G recently, but it did not cause too much echo:
viewtopic.php?t=185507

W

rushlife
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Mon May 16, 2022 10:43 pm

Yeah, I think we customers are spoiled by Mikrotik with they great HW, but...
But...I have customers with more and more scenarios (IoT, super fast ISP, intelligent house...), where new hw would be just awesome.

I don't wanna Mikrotik to rush some development a start make fast developed (rubbish) hardware with new rush models every year, but I like to believe that I can bring some new ideas to them and maybe some of it will meet reality.

gotsprings
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat May 28, 2022 5:10 pm

Yeah, I think we customers are spoiled by Mikrotik with they great HW, but...
But...I have customers with more and more scenarios (IoT, super fast ISP, intelligent house...), where new hw would be just awesome.

I don't wanna Mikrotik to rush some development a start make fast developed (rubbish) hardware with new rush models every year, but I like to believe that I can bring some new ideas to them and maybe some of it will meet reality.
Some of us are still licking our wounds from the CRS354 and the cAP AC.

klibby
just joined

Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:45 pm

+1 for the wsAP w/ Gigabit Ethernet!!
I could absolutely use something like this. The form factor of this unit is very useful, but the limitation of 100Mbps interfaces is really a deal breaker for me unfortunately. Ideally I'd love to see 5 GigE interfaces (one on the wall side, 4 accessible), but maybe I'm getting ahead of myself

iossol
just joined

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:59 pm

We are in the stage to deploy Windows VDA to our customers, in connection with this topic, an old topic comes up:

A problem with Terminal Clients or PCs is the use of USB devices and forward them to the clients VM.
So one idea is using an usb device server, there are some solutions on the market like Silex ds600 e.g.
But in the home office with limited space, many devices at the workplace makes little sense.
Therefore, it would be desirable to have a soho wlan router with e.g. 4 USB3 ports that can also act as a device server for the clients VM.

The device server part must be capable of forwarding usb connections from usb sticks, scanners, printers, card readers, webcams and headphones.
The router must be "fast enough" to provide a fast vpn connection and must be able to deal with the usb devices.

A dream would be a modified version of the new hap AX2, with some USB ports and a price below 200,00 €..

noradtux

Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:47 pm

Would love to see LtAP/LtAP mini with 5GHz ac