Community discussions

MikroTik App

corsairetc
just joined
Topic Author

Vlan on bridge

Tue May 17, 2022 6:45 pm

Hello experts,
I have new to Mikrotik OS. What I need is create Virtual Wifi for IoT which takes dhcp range from vlan100 port on my CIsco. I use Router board only as wifi AP/switch I have all ports in bridge and set up Static IP for mgmt. I want to pass dhcp to Wifi. I set up Trunk port on my cisco where is Vlan1 and vlan 100. I was enabled Vlan filtering in bridge and add Vlan100 net at bridge vlans. Then I was set up New virtual Wifi with name IoT a set taged vlan 100 packats. Problem is wifi not pass dhcp range to wifi. Where should be the problem ?
Thank you for any advice.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Vlan on bridge

Tue May 17, 2022 7:52 pm

viewtopic.php?t=182276

Vlan1 should not be used to carry data or be the management vlan, in general, for MT devices.
So ensure that management VLAN and Data Vlans are sent to ether1 on the MT as a Trunk port (tagged vlans).
Follow the basic example in red scroll down at the link. You can ignore the other access work done on that config.

The idea being on the MT device you can assign WLANS or VWLANS (typically only need Virtual Ones if you have run out of the WLANs available - normally one for 2.4 and one for 5ghz).

corsairetc
just joined
Topic Author

Wed May 18, 2022 11:02 am

Hello,
Thank you for your reply. I am quiete lost in Mikrotik. I have Trunk port on switch where is port set to TRUNK mode. vlan1 for my home net (192.168.0.0/24) is se to untagged. Vlan 100 is set to tagged.
On bridge I was enabled Vlan Filtering with default. On Bridge>VLAN's tab I was add Vlan100. Bridge interface is bridge where are all ports. VLAN IDs is 100, Tagged to bridge interface.
At this point I am able to ping from mikrotik terminal to Vlan100 GW on my router.
I set new virtual wlan and fill VLAN ID 100. But DHCP from router not pass through to Wifi.
I am not sure if this is correct maybe it is even not possible to make this way on bridge.
Thank you for any advice.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed May 18, 2022 4:00 pm

I would need two things to assist,
a. network diagram
b. config /export hide-sensitive file=anynameyouwish