Community discussions

MikroTik App

fatdollar
just joined
Topic Author

Firewall Connections: Growing list of Established connections with same IP.

Tue May 31, 2022 9:21 pm

connections.png
Above is a list of Firewall / Connections tab. The top 2 are from my IP address 1 is my winbox session the other should not be there since I'm only connected to the AP via winbox. I have a Nat rule to forward port 4002 to a local ip 192.168.1.52:4002 for remote access of another device on the network. The AP is set up to bridge the ethernet with the LTE connection. I have no idea who or what the other 17 connections are from as I'm not accessing it but the connections do not seem to be active connections based on the Rate column and they are still established and will take 24 hours to time out.

The problem I'm running into is that 1 I can't remote access the device with the port forwarding 4002 remotely...it just load and loads and never times out or fails. (Typically it loads a webpage that controls a remote system. 2. Why are so many established connections to the same port happening on the device? Shouldn't they close? Even my connection should have closed from what I understand. 3. Would poor LTE connection be a cause of this?

I have a wAP LTE US running on verizon (poor reception -97 to -99 db) bridged to a LAN with port forwarding NAT and firewalls to restrict access. In the time I've written this 5 more connections are there from a third IP ( I almost wonder if this device is compromised somehow) I am running version 6.48.6.

I should mention I have other devices with the same NAT and Firewall configurations up and running that are not exhibiting this issue.

Any help or direction would be appreciated. If more info is needed please let me know. I've got to get this figured out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.