Community discussions

MikroTik App

brad0x52
just joined
Topic Author

CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe Reset

Mon Jun 06, 2022 5:12 pm

Just getting started with this toy and I didn't notice any reset button anywhere. How to I factory reset the card if I manage to accidentally firewall myself out of the router?

Also (and unrelated), for future models, it would be nice if it also had a serial port somewhere. Maybe via internal headers or something presented on the PCIe bus.

r00t
Long time Member
Long time Member

Re: CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe Reset  [SOLVED]

Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:25 pm

I think there is reset hole near end of the PCB from the back side near screw, just above where it says "3.3V AUX VOLTAGE"
(for reference, here are some photos of the board: https://www.reddit.com/r/mikrotik/comme ... e_hand_on/)

As for UART, I wouldn't be surprised if it was on one of the headers, just not enabled by default (Mikrotik still keeps doing this annoying thing).
There are two unsoldered 10 pin headers on the PCB. I haven't poked around, but my guess would be one is JTAG and other SPI+UART like on some other Mikrotik boards...
It might be possible to modify board config in flash memory to enable UART like on ARM boards (how-to is on openwrt wiki).