Community discussions

MikroTik App

krtinicfix
just joined
Topic Author

WifiWave2 - Laptop with Intel AC 8265 won't connect

Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:12 pm

Some months ago I tried WifiWave2 package, turned on WPA2 PSK and WPA3 PSK. My Galaxy Note 8 could connect, while Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G had issues until I'd turn off WPA3 PSK after which it would work properly.
Yesterday I installed 7.3.1 version and Xiaomi Mi 11 Lite 5G don't have any issues connecting anymore. I also tried connecting my laptop with BCM43228 WiFi chip on Ubuntu and it worked as well.
Today I tried connecting my other Windows laptop (for the first time) with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265 chip and it would just return "Can't connect to this network". I tried disabling WPA3 but it didn't work either. The logs on the router didn't show any sign of that device trying to connect. After disabling the WifiWave2 package it's working fine.
I'll disable WifiWave2 package, but if you wish me to test it out again or something I'll be happy to help.
Thank you!

Ovic
just joined

Re: WifiWave2 - Laptop with Intel AC 8265 won't connect  [SOLVED]

Sat Jun 11, 2022 6:40 pm

Hello. Try this command on your laptop "netsh wlan show drivers" and post the output to see if your drivers support WPA3 or try to upgrade your wireless drivers. Also don't enable other ciphers than CCMP on the router's wifi settings.
Here is my edited config

name="wifi2" mac-address= arp-timeout=auto radio-mac=
configuration.mode=ap .ssid="Mikrotik51" .country=United States
security.authentication-types=wpa3-psk .encryption="ccmp" .group-encryption=ccmp .group-key-update=30m .passphrase="" .disable-pmkid=no .management-protection=required .wps=disable
.dh-groups="" .sae-anti-clogging-threshold=disabled .sae-max-failure-rate=disabled
channel.frequency=5220 .band=5ghz-ac .width=20/40/80mhz .skip-dfs-channels=10min-cac
Last edited by Ovic on Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

krtinicfix
just joined
Topic Author

Re: WifiWave2 - Laptop with Intel AC 8265 won't connect

Sat Jun 11, 2022 7:27 pm

Hello. Try this command on your laptop "netsh wlan show drivers" and post the output to see if your drivers support WPA3 or try to upgrade your wireless drivers. Also don't enable other chipers than CCMP on the router's wifi settings.
Here is my edited config

name="wifi2" mac-address= arp-timeout=auto radio-mac=
configuration.mode=ap .ssid="Mikrotik51" .country=United States
security.authentication-types=wpa3-psk .encryption="ccmp" .group-encryption=ccmp .group-key-update=30m .passphrase="" .disable-pmkid=no .management-protection=required .wps=disable
.dh-groups="" .sae-anti-clogging-threshold=disabled .sae-max-failure-rate=disabled
channel.frequency=5220 .band=5ghz-ac .width=20/40/80mhz .skip-dfs-channels=10min-cac
I tried installing the new driver, but the netsh output was absolutely the same, so I suppose it was already installed.
The WPA3 isn't the issue, I tried disabling it on hAP ac3.
But yes, you were right! Leaving only ccmp enabled did the trick!
It also works if WPA2, WPA3 and only CCMP are enabled.
I quickly tried booting up PopOS that I had on the USB and tried connecting while WPA2, WPA3, CCMP, GCMP, CCMP 256 and GCMP 256 were enabled, and it worked as well! I suppose it's Windows fault.

I'll leave WPA2, WPA3 and CCMP enabled. Thank you!

za7
just joined

Re: WifiWave2 - Laptop with Intel AC 8265 won't connect

Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:57 pm

Support for Wi-Fi Protected Access 3 (WPA3) on Intel® Wireless Adapters
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en ... eless.html
https://www.reddit.com/r/intel/comments ... dual_band/