Community discussions

MikroTik App

AZJack
just joined
Topic Author

Help with VLAN on LHG5 Dish

Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:16 am

I need some help with setting up a VLAN on PtP dish. I created VLAN13 (same as on my switch) and added it to the ether1 on both my dishes. I can connect to only the near side using Winbox and only if I put in the address and hit connect. Winbox doesn't see the address under neighbors. I can also get to the near side using a web browser.

I cannot ping the far side wirelessly. (it is only powered and not in a switch) nor is any traffic being passed. The signal lights are maxed on both dishes.

Previously when I had them setup with no VLAN then Winbox could see them and connect to the far side wirelessly. I had to have my switch and ports set to VLAN 1 tagged though. THis will not work for our network though and this was only setup that way as a test. VLAN config. Should the VLAN not be on ether1 or setup differently?
vlan 13.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help with VLAN on LHG5 Dish

Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:58 am

That sounds correct ( i mean that it doesn't work )
You ve added vlan13 on ether1, so what egresses ether1 will have a tag applied.

Since you have a bridge i would advise you to set the vlan direcly on the bridge interface ( supposing ether1 is member of the bridge ) and test again ...

AZJack
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:33 pm

I cannot find correct config between the two using a VLAN?

chechito
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jun 17, 2022 6:46 pm

take a look of this:

Bridge Vlan filtering

https://wiki.mikrotik.com/wiki/Manual:I ... _Filtering

AZJack
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:56 pm

As I learn more about these this is what I am wanting.

I am just wanting to bridge between buildings router/ firewall - switch - dish < ==== > dish - switch - PCs / Phones
Between the dishes need to be open to all traffic on all VLANS
I would like the management access on both dishes to be VLAN 13 and seen by winbox

I think I just need a VLAN on the bridge for management as mentioned but so far when I do that I cannot see or connect to then on my network with winbox.

Thanks for the help so far and I will keep trying. I am used to the Unifi equipment where it has a setting for the management VLAN.