Community discussions

MikroTik App

northtik
just joined
Topic Author

Help for block user use netshare

Tue Jun 21, 2022 8:21 pm

Hello guys,
I use hotspot to distribute the internet, where each user has a specific speed and the cost of the internet is high in my country
Some users are scamming by redistributing the internet through the netshare app, which causes me losses and I am fed up with this, what is the solution
I noticed that when I use ipscan tools I see who is using this program next to this ip 192.168.49.1 How can I capture the macaddress associated with this address and add it to a temporary block list to get rid of this problem

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Help for block user use netshare

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:35 pm

How can you prevent that I do use my user name and password on a router (mikrotik) that is setup with NAT. You will then se only one mac and there can many user behind that mac.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:36 pm

TTL & Internal IPs leaked from NAT

northtik
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:18 pm

Perhaps you did not know what I mean when a user uses the Internet via a username and password by the netshareapp program on his phone that redistributes the Internet. I want to block it if I use an application to share the Internet
There is a way to prevent sharing via bluetooth but it is useless with re-sharing the internet via wifi Thank you very much for the reply

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:39 pm

No, there is no real way to do that. There is a possibility to set the TTL to 1 on all packets you send to the customer (in a firewall mangle rule), but that would probably cause other unexpected problems. Maybe try that first only on customers where you suspect this problem, to see how it works out.

Jotne
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 22, 2022 10:03 pm

Perhaps you did not know what I mean when a user uses the Internet via a username and password by the netshareapp program on his phone that redistributes the Internet.
I can do the same with any router. Use wifi and connect it to your network. Add one or more PC on the inside of the router. Use pc to get hotspot portal, login (as long as I have user/password). Then connect more PC, all will be allowed as one has logged inn.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:23 am

Hello guys,
I use hotspot to distribute the internet, where each user has a specific speed and the cost of the internet is high in my country
Some users are scamming by redistributing the internet through the netshare app, which causes me losses and I am fed up with this, what is the solution
I noticed that when I use ipscan tools I see who is using this program next to this ip 192.168.49.1 How can I capture the macaddress associated with this address and add it to a temporary block list to get rid of this problem
But you really expect something useful from the simplistic description of what you have, how it is configured and where you "see" 192.168.49.1???...
I think you're better at asking questions than I am at giving answers.

northtik
just joined
Topic Author

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:44 am

Hello guys,
But you really expect something useful from the simplistic description of what you have, how it is configured and where you "see" 192.168.49.1???...
I think you're better at asking questions than I am at giving answers.

I see it
in

Tools ip-scan
toll ip-scan address=192.168.49.1

Am find this address if user use netsharapp

I want when find this ip pick ( macaddress)
An add to IP-pinding and block (macadderss)
Can do it by script

Sorry my language english bad

shonux
just joined

Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:42 pm

please help me for this also
i have same problem ...my user used netshare application ..and i dont know how to stop

0984emraan
just joined

Tue Mar 14, 2023 4:18 pm

please help me for this also
i have same problem ...my user used netshare application ..and i dont know how to stop
even i have same issued... any solution

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:00 am

Did you read and try the solution proposed in reply #5?

0984emraan
just joined

Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:49 am

Did you read and try the solution proposed in reply #5?
yes i tried but no use still its sharing .. i use this below filter rules ... but still working

/ip firewall filter add chain=forward protocol=tcp dst-port=139,445 action=drop comment="Block NetShare"
/ip firewall filter add chain=forward protocol=udp dst-port=137,138 action=drop comment="Block NetShare"

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:06 pm

It seems you do not understand at all what is happening!

0984emraan
just joined

Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:38 pm

It seems you do not understand at all what is happening!
yes your right can you .. help me how can i block this app.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:55 pm

Since the device is not under your control, I dont see how you expect to be able to do anything from the MT side...............
The only advice I would say is start charging based on usage vice connection and that will allow you to make money regardless if one, two , 10 users are sharing a single visible hotspot connection.

In other words, prices go up and you can tell clients, sorry, others are abusing the connections and thus you have to charge by usage/volume.

Another avenue is to figure out bandwidth or queing restrictions per user. That should discourage heavy downloading for example.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:27 pm

/ip firewall filter add chain=forward protocol=tcp dst-port=139,445 action=drop comment="Block NetShare"
/ip firewall filter add chain=forward protocol=udp dst-port=137,138 action=drop comment="Block NetShare"
Obviously you do not want users share internet, not files inside own device...
NetShare mean "interNET SHARE" (I think..), not "local NETwork SHAREd folders"...

Set TTL=1 to packets that have client IP as destination...
If the internal program do not regenerate TTL, the packet if is forwarded to other devices are drop...

m3das
just joined

Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:19 am

/ip firewall mangle
add action=change-ttl chain=postrouting comment=anti-sharing-connection \
    new-ttl=set:1 out-interface=bridge-hs passthrough=yes
add action=change-ttl chain=prerouting comment=hide-router-ip-address \
    new-ttl=increment:2 passthrough=yes
try this script

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Sun Apr 02, 2023 9:36 pm

passthrough=yes??? Really??...

m3das
just joined

Mon Apr 03, 2023 7:04 am

passthrough=yes??? Really??...
Hello sir, I'm not good with the script maybe you can help me with this, Also, I got a script below this script and which case should we use pass-through?

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Apr 03, 2023 3:40 pm

Actually, pass-through is just fine for config like this. When you have no other mangle rules there is no difference, and when you do have them it prevents surprises.
passthrough=no is normally used only for optimizations and for tricky configuration.

(it means: do not evaluate other mangle rules further down in this chain after this one has matched)

m3das
just joined

Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:44 pm

Actually, pass-through is just fine for config like this. When you have no other mangle rules there is no difference, and when you do have them it prevents surprises.
passthrough=no is normally used only for optimizations and for tricky configuration.

(it means: do not evaluate other mangle rules further down in this chain after this one has matched)
Hello pe1chl, thank you for your explanation, I learned something from you.