Community discussions

MikroTik App

surfparadise
just joined
Topic Author

Wireguard clients ping problems

Wed Jun 22, 2022 11:51 am

Hi all,

I hope you can help me because I have a problem that I'm going crazy.

I have several vpn site 2 site with wireguard, everything works fine. I have as well 1 wireguard interface for road warriors clients, and it is working well if for every clients I configure a different peer with differents keys and the ip allowed specified as /32. With this setup all client can as well ping each other with the internal vpn address.
The problem is that everytime I have to create manually a new configuration and a new peer for every client that I want add in my vpn list.

If I configure 1 peer for multiple clients (in this case with allowed address on /24 class), the clients can't ping each other, and I start to have problems.

Could you help me please?

Thanks

fragtion
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: Wireguard clients ping problems

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:38 pm

You can't have one peer for multiple clients as only one peer can be connected to that endpoint at a time

You CAN have one INTERFACE with multiple peers (one for each client) attached to it

That's why you need to add the peer separately to the interface. Peer configuration is intended for one connecting client at a time only.

Then you need to make sure your IP addresses and "allowed IP's" for those peers are configured properly so they can route between each other. Lots of guides for this elsewhere if you search

surfparadise
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Ok thanks. I find it very difficult to use when you have a lot of clients that need to connect to remote "headquarter" in term of setup/configuration/automation is a nightmare. No DHCP, and you can as well automate the release of .conf files.

Thank you for your reply.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:57 pm

So this isn't a wireguard / RouterOS issue but just a config error.
Right?

surfparadise
just joined
Topic Author

Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:59 pm

Yes, I misunderstood how it's works.