Community discussions

MikroTik App

laphroag
just joined
Topic Author

Setting up PtP Bridge for first Time

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:20 am

I am trying to setup two SXTsqG-5acD,s . I have just done the most basic settings required as per the manual but I can not get the station side to scan and see the main bridge end, it can see all manner of other AP's but not the MikroTik bridge end. I have upgraded the os on each to the latest level and have checked the few basic setting for wireless but it won't see the bridge end. Any ideas of things to check??

I have spent a day checking resetting and re4configuring but still getting now where..

laphroag
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Setting up PtP Bridge for first Time

Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:43 am

Note: When I look under bridge > Ports> Wan1 role is disabled Port..

I have enabled it by the green tick via the left hand side interface option.

I wonder if this is an issue??

bpwl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Setting up PtP Bridge for first Time

Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:47 am

SXTsq 5 AC is ROS license level 3, not 4, and cannot act as an AP.
The modes allowed are "bridge" , and the station modes, like "station bridge".

In bridge mode the SXTsq 5 ac will accept 1 (one) station . This is 100% OK for a PtP connection.

The SXTsq 5 ac not being an AP, will not send "beacons" with the AP characteristics.
The AP beacons is what a station is looking for when doing SCAN.
The SXTsq 5 ac will also not appear as AP with client devices for the same reason.

To make the connection, do enter the SSID of the bridge mode SXTsq manually in the station WLAN.
Like the case where you want to add a wifi network that is not active.

Also a WLAN will be disabled as long as there is no wifi connection. That will change when there is a connection.

EDIT. SXTsq 5 ac is in the 5 GHz band. Be aware of the DFS and weather channel rules. While doing "radar detect" the "bridge", just as an AP will mute for 1 (DFS) or even 10 (weather) full minutes