Community discussions

MikroTik App

Screemi
just joined
Topic Author

Loadbalancing does not work. Always first link selected as primary route

Sat Jun 25, 2022 4:56 pm

Hi

I have a little problem. Today we got a second adsl connection that i wanted to ad as a connection for loadbalancing. I am running a CRS125-24G-S1 on routerOS 6.48.3.

Both our links are very slow (8mbit/s) and the load should get evenly shared at start. One of the links will get a additional lte boost in about 2 weeks. Further on the loadbalancing take the link speed and percentual load into account.

But first things first. I cant even get a 50/50 load distribution or any distribution between the two links working. Evertime the link which is established first will get select as the only connection.

Both links get an ip by dhcp (no ppp). The configuration was set by our former admin who is no longer available. Back then we had 2 connections as well. One got removed but the configuration was never changed.

I attached a screenshot with the routes. Maybe someone can give me a hint and it would be really appreciated!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Loadbalancing does not work. Always first link selected as primary route

Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:47 pm

You have censored your private IP's?
You can have better spent that effort on providing your configuration to see your "balancing", just for disrupt all https traffic...

How do you feel with SpaceX?
How is the speed?

k6ccc
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Loadbalancing does not work. Always first link selected as primary route

Sat Jun 25, 2022 8:06 pm

Without knowing your configuration, we are only guessing.
To export and paste your configuration (and I'm assuming you are using WebFig or Winbox), open a terminal window,
and type (without the quotes) "/export hide-sensitive file=any-filename-you-wish". Then open the files section
and right click on the filename you created and select download in order to download the file to your computer.
It will be a text file with whatever name you saved to with an extension of .rsc. Then in your message here,
click the code display icon in the toolbar above the text entry (the code display icon is the 7th one from the
left and looks like a square with a blob in the middle). Then paste the text from the file in between the two
code words in brackets.