Community discussions

MikroTik App

carlosrve
just joined
Topic Author

2 routers VLAN - Access port on secondary router

Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:13 pm

Hi,

I have a CRS125 as my main router. I have 3 VLANs (10, 30 and 40) currently working on the CRS125. I also have CAPsMAN set up in that router, with SSIDs for each VLAN. I make a heavy use of VLANs for firewall rules, balancing traffic between ISPs, wifi, etc.

Now I am adding another router. Until now I only had cAPs. The secondary router is a hAP ac2. I configured the port on the CRS125 as a trunk port, like I do for all cAP. The hAP is behaving properly as another cAP even transmitting the wifi networks. I have all my cAPs working on VLAN 40.

But I want ether2 port on the hAP to be an access port for VLAN 10. This is proving quite hard to do. As the hAP is connected as a trunk port (egress tag for 10 and 30, egress and ingress translation for 40 for "tagged or untagged" and CID 0), I thought it should be a matter of tagging for VLAN 10 in the hAP ether2 port. But when I do that the device on that port cannot get even a DHCP response.

How can I tag the traffic on that port so the CRS125 recognize the VLAN 10 traffic?

Thank you

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: 2 routers VLAN - Access port on secondary router

Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:32 am

To make VLAN tagging and untagging work, vlan-filtering must be set to yes on the bridge. Post the export of your current configuration on the hAP ac² (see my automatic signature below) or search for one of the tens of topics dealing with this here on the forum.