Community discussions

MikroTik App

mibarra88
just joined
Topic Author

android dual sim LTE works as wireguard client if it has public ip, not with CGNAT

Tue Jun 28, 2022 12:56 am

Good afternoon, in advance, thanks for the beautiful work you do in this forum, I hope you can help me.
I've been dealing with this for several days, I hope there is a solution.
I want to replace the Wireguard server that I currently have on my raspberry pi4, it works fine, but I want to use the new feature of routeros7

I was able to configure it and it works great, it has better performance than the rasppi4, also the roaming works perfectly when I get home and connect to the wifi of the laboratory.
the problem lies when i switch to a connection on my phone that doesn't have a public ip (CGNAT). does not work directly. I change the connection to the other sim with a public ip, and it works perfectly.

I have tried everything, even change the KeepAlive to 25 seconds as I saw in the forum, but nothing.

I hope you can help me and the many users who have this problem, since I see that there are many and it all seems that there is something in the wireguard configuration on the server side that does not work properly or is not configured correctly.

Thank you very much and greetings to all!