Community discussions

MikroTik App

baotuan
just joined
Topic Author

How to load balancing on ros v7?

Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:49 am

I have 2 pppoe from 2 ISPs. How can i load balancing pcc on mikrotik router ros v7? I read on docs page of mikrotik but can not understand. Who can help me?

Thank you!!!

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to load balancing on ros v7?

Wed Jun 29, 2022 12:05 pm

It works the same like on ROSv6 (for which you have tens of topics here) except that the syntax of the configuration has changed a bit - the routing tables now have to be explicitly created first (/routing/table/add name=xyz fib) and the parameter of a route that indicates a routing table name is now routing-table instead of previous routing-mark (whereas it is still routing-mark in mangle rules).

As for functional differences, recursive next-hop search now works even if the gateway is not an IP address, which is great especially for PPPoE (see this if you don't know what I'm talking about).

And in the latest ROS 7 versions, the mutual priority between routing marks assigned in mangle and routing table names assigned by routing rules has changed, so if you were used to override the mangle verdict with a routing rule verdict, you have to change the approach. Which is not so great if your ability to access a device remotely depends on the old behaviour, but it should not be your concern I guess.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: How to load balancing on ros v7?

Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:42 pm

https://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/US12/steve.pdf (ver6 but still a decent bible). PCC based.........

A different approach manual load balancing based on bandwidth........... (Ver6 but still applicable for the most part)
https://mum.mikrotik.com/presentations/US12/tomas.pdf