Community discussions

MikroTik App

valteresjunior
just joined
Topic Author

RB750gr3 Dual WAN

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:02 pm

Hi, all.

I'm trying to configure this router to a simple ISP failover following the Mikrotik documentation:

https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/pages/vi ... d=26476608

But I have some questions:
1. Both ISP routers are delivering private IP address, so it will be possible do this configuration just using IP routers? My idea is using an internal network A, and configure two networks, B an C to this routers, and use a different route with a different distances (1 and 2)
2. How can I configure eth2 as a WAN Port? I realized all ports (except eth1) is a part of bridge. When I tried to remove this configuration on eth2, I loss access to router.

Regards.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: RB750gr3 Dual WAN

Sun Jul 03, 2022 9:51 pm

Sorry you have your head so far up the configuration butt hole, I have no idea what your requirements are.
A network diagram showing how your devices are currently connected and receiving what type of internet connection would go a long way to unravel the mystery.

valteresjunior
just joined
Topic Author

Mon Jul 04, 2022 7:21 pm

Hi, anav. Thank you for your help. I'll try to explain better.

I have a local network and 2 ISP routers, and I'd like to configure a simple failover link (if link 1 goes down, link 2 will failover it).

My problem is, both ISP routers are configured as DHCP Servers and I can't disable it, so they're delivering private IP address to Mikrotik, that is acting as DHCP Server to my local network. My goal is connect ISP1 on eth1 and ISP2 on eth2 and configure failover, but eth2 is a part of bridge, and when I remove it, I loss access to Mikrotik. My point is: how can I configure eth2 (or other port, whatever) as a WAN port and configure this failover?

I tried to attach a network diagram, but I don't know how.

Regards.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:05 pm

Hi Much thanks for that........ I think I see where you are coming from.

I think it would be a good idea to follow this guide to do what I call CONFIGURE OFF THE BRIDGE.
MT is indeed tricky for the beginner when trying to make changes and not locking yourself out! Feel your pain!

Thus do this and then you will be able to configure all without losing access.
See PARA A...... -- viewtopic.php?t=182373

Then, for basic failover, see para I.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

In general terms you will have two IP DHCP client entries, just ensure you dont select add default route as you will need to add these two manually as per Para I.
By configuring off the bridge you will easily be able to remove ether2 from the bridge so that it can be tied into ISP2.