Community discussions

MikroTik App

irbk
just joined
Topic Author

Allow access to modify DHCP only

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:01 pm

We use MikroTik routers to dish out DHCP on our windows network. We have T1 techs that I do NOT want to give full access to the MikroTik, however I would like them to be able to access the DHCP tabs. Specifically I need them to be able to make a specific device that got a DHCP address (such as a printer) and make the DHCP a static assignment, then change the IP to the specific range of printers. Many times a person that we trust with full access to the MikroTik is not available to help the T1 set the DHCP reservation and "management" has decided that just setting a static IP on the printer itself is unacceptable (which I disagree with). Is there some way I can give my T1 techs this ability while limiting their ability to screw up the rest of the router?
Thanks in advance!

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Allow access to modify DHCP only

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:13 pm

No. At least not in the general MikroTik user interface.
What you can do is create an API account, then make a local webpage (e.g. using PHP) that allows the specific change you want to make, and give those persons access to that webpage.
Of course they should have no way to get the API account credentials (and you can limit the use of those to a single IP address, the address of your internal webserver).
But it will require programming.

irbk
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:15 pm

Ok, thanks for letting me know. That's going to be beyond my current time/skillset. 15 years ago I could have probably done the PHP page but my programming days are far behind me now.
Thanks.
Kirby

pe1chl
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:15 pm

You can try something with a skin but it will not really be security, it is just hiding the menu items.