Community discussions

MikroTik App

nicobar
just joined
Topic Author

LGH LTE6 bridge mode or double NAT forwarding

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi all,

After successfully configuring (strictly via winbox only) an SXT LTE6 in bridge mode, I realized I needed a stronger signal and went on with a LGH LTE6.
I went from SINR of about 0db to 11-12db, and double the speed, so no way back to SXT LTE6 for me.

Now I basically opened the box, install it, entered the APN and password, and connected to the WAN port of my router. There it works in double NAT.
Starting from the LTE I have in order:
1) public dynamic IP from the LTE provider (TIM in Italy)
2) LGH LTE6, configured with IP 192.168.88.1
3) Linksys LRT224 with two WAN ports: one is empty, one is the LGH LTE6; the LRT224 has DHCP with 192.168.1.1 gateway and the rest of the LAN behind.

The SXT LTE6 was configured as bridge, thus transparent to outside port requests; the LRT224 has several port forwardings to allow direct access to some IoT devices that have no cloud option.

I understand I have two options now, in order to access those IoT devices in the LAN from outside:
1) either bridge the LHG LTE6, as I did with the SXT LTE6,
OR
2) bypass the LGH with some firewall settings that send all the port requests that I need through it. LRT 224 settings are to remain unchanged.

Now I found online a few posts that may help my case, but they either use command line (sorry I am a noob, I want to stick with Winbox as much as possible!), or they are confusing as they mention "first router/second router" without saying clearly which is which, or deal with static ISP IP, or I read some crazy way to bridge the device such as creating VLAN and tunneling which puzzels me, as it took me just a couple of clicks on Winbox to bridge the SXT LTE6.

So:

1) What steps are to be taken in winbox to bridge the LGH LTE6 ?
2) Alternatively, how do I set the LGH LTE6 to forward all my port requests to the LRT224 for it to handle ?

Thank you so much if anybody wants to chip in

Thank you so much

Zacharias
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: LGH LTE6 bridge mode or double NAT forwarding

Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:37 pm

Have you read about passthrough on LTE devices ? https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ ... ughExample

hecatae
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: LGH LTE6 bridge mode or double NAT forwarding

Tue Jul 05, 2022 2:36 pm

@nicobar can I recommend this:

viewtopic.php?p=943239