Community discussions

MikroTik App

marcinkrysk
just joined
Topic Author

CAPSMAN WAP problem

Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:36 am

Hello. I have two three devices connected to CAPSMAN one of which is both CAPSMAN and CAP.

The first device: Mikrotik Chateau LTE12

Second Device: Mikrotik HAP AC2

Third device:

Mikrotik WAP Outdoor

All devices connected to CAPSMAN and correctly displayed in the settings in the RADIO and CAP interface tabs. WAP also says in Wirelles that wlan1 uses CAP and next to any names.

The symptom is that the Wifi network works on the first two devices and not on WAP. When I go to a place where there is no coverage from the first two devices and with WAP in the normal settings there is a strong signal, it looks as if WAP had the Wifi module turned off or it did not switch CAP to this WAP at all. The only problem I encountered when configuring WAP is that to get a certificate for WAP, I had to turn it off when configuring CAP in Wirelles (Certificate from request to none) and it just got started.

BrateloSlava
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CAPSMAN WAP problem

Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:03 am

Please, post your latest config /export wihout any public IP and serial numbers, and passwords information.

marcinkrysk
just joined
Topic Author

Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:04 pm

I noticed one more symptom, the device connects but disconnects and resets the cap after 30 seconds

holvoetn
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:18 pm

I noticed one more symptom, the device connects but disconnects and resets the cap after 30 seconds

Please, post your latest config /export wihout any public IP and serial numbers, and passwords information.

You can post as much symptoms as you want.
Nobody will be able to help if you do not give the requested info.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Thu Jul 28, 2022 5:34 pm

Post configs of all
Personally drop cap not required as getting in the way of your network up and running which should be a matter of 30 minutes not days/weeks...........