MikroTik App

accarda
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

LTE interface disappeared after cell-lock

Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:46 pm

Hi all,
I'm just reporting some strange behavior I have seen on a Chateau5G with latest ROS 7.4, but not latest modem firmware (still on RG502QEAAAR11A06M4G).
As this was a first installation in a new location, I was playing with cell-lock to find some better combination of LTE bands; however since the sim is from an operator that has some "agreement" with another one (so that you can connect to this 2nd op BTS while the 1st still develop their network), I have managed this with some script.
Basically during night the 2nd op does not allow certain bands, so I reset cell-lock before that and then re-enabled it in the morning.
This was OK for several days, until last morning where modem didn't connect to the cell; I saw the script running in the morning, but not finishing its task (I get telegram notifications once band is locked).
I'm remotely connected to this router, so I can't see it directly.
The script first removes the lock -> /interface/lte/at-chat lte1 input="AT+QNWLOCK=\"common/4g\",0" and then after 40 sec enables cell-lock on B3.
In reality cell-lock is already removed by the other script running in the evening, so not really sure whether this extra step could have caused some issue.
When I checked on site, I saw the LTE interface that disappeared from the interface list.
I have another monitoring script that verifies for internet connection and when not OK it's only disabling/enabling the interface, as this was mainly what happened before in case of loosing connection.
In this case I had to reboot the Chateau and then LTE came available again.
I have now enabled the Watchdog just in case it would happen again.
Unfortunately the log was mainly in memory (default setting), so I was not able to see much (too many lines about failing AT commands due to missing LTE IF, I suppose), before reboot; now I have enabled LTE topic to be sent to syslog.