Community discussions

MikroTik App

novalis
just joined
Topic Author

HEX capsman + hAP AC lite CAP + TPLink AP acting as CAP for one SSID (using VLAN?)

Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:41 pm

Hi,
I have RB750Gr3 HEX running as router and capsman + multiple RB952Ui-5ac2nD hAP AC lite as CAP with multiple wifi networks (SSID home, guest, iot).
I have different bridges for different ssid, so each of them gets different IP and I can do filtering etc (with local forwarding disabled) and this all is working fine.

Now I need to connect another tplink AP (bridged mode) to create just SSID "iot" (because my Goodwe inverter is still disconnecting from mikrotik wifi devices, tplink, dlink no problem) and connect it to one port (for example ethernet2) of one of hAP ACs, but I want it to act as it was created with capsman, so that clients gets correct IP etc

I think I could use VLAN for this - so that data received at ethernet2 port in hAP AC ends up at bridge "iot" in HEX and vice versa (data from bridge "iot" also ends up at ethernet2 of hAP AC)

Can you help me how to do it? Or is there another way for this?

Thanks.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: HEX capsman + hAP AC lite CAP + TPLink AP acting as CAP for one SSID (using VLAN?)

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:33 am

would luv to, but you are not likely to ditch capsman and only have one bridge, cause thats how I roll..............

erlinden
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: HEX capsman + hAP AC lite CAP + TPLink AP acting as CAP for one SSID (using VLAN?)

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:36 am

Think I can help (actually, a lot of people can). Start with learning about VLAN: viewtopic.php?t=143620
It will benefit you in a lot of ways and creating an access port is really easy.