Community discussions

MikroTik App

deaks
just joined
Topic Author

Hotspot on a tagged VLAN won't bring up the splash page.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:45 pm

Hello there,

I've been trying to setup a hotspot on a RB750Gr3 using a company called Social WiFi. The instructions they say to follow are these:
https://academy.socialwifi.com/installa ... ion-guide/

On the whole i've followed them but with some differences. The network that will be displaying the portal login is a tagged VLAN 5. So the config that i'll attach will be a bit different (i'll post the config after writing this so it doesn't fill the first page)

My problem is, I have an access point plugged into ether2, it has 2 SSIDs, first just having no VLAN info so uses the default network (192.168.1.x)
Second SSID tags the traffic with id=5 so gets a 192.168.5.x address. All works fine.

When I add the hotspot config from above the tagged VLAN 5 connects fine, gets an IP address but then doesn't go out to get the portal. Webpages say
============
This site can’t be reachedlogin.socialwifi.com refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
============

And I can't ping past the gateway 192.168.5.1

If I put the hotspot onto the untagged default network and reboot, then that network displays the portal as I would expect and I can login to get onto the internet. So i'm falling down somewhere with the VLAN=5 network.

Please could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Garry
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

rextended
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Hotspot on a tagged VLAN won't bring up the splash page.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 7:35 pm

The first thing to do is to write to them, who better than those who did it can help?

deaks
just joined
Topic Author

Re: Hotspot on a tagged VLAN won't bring up the splash page.

Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:46 pm

Yeah I'll try them in the morning. Just thought I'd ask in here with me doing it a bit differently from their instructions with the tagging. Thanks