Community discussions

MikroTik App

TWG1572
just joined
Topic Author

Work VPN DIsconnects

Tue Aug 16, 2022 9:12 pm

Hello! I replaced my router last night - I had a Google Nest Wifi router which been replaced with a hEX S. I have a disconnect issue that started today with my wife's computer, and I'm struggling to understand if this might be related to the new hEX S or not? I'm not super knowledgeable in networking, so I'm hoping it may be something simple I need to change.

The setup - my computer and my wife's computer are both connected directly to the router with ethernet. She has been having consistent quick drops in connectivity all day. I'd had none. She is running a Global Protect VPN on her work computer. This is required by her work and on is on her computer. I'm using ZScaler, but my understanding is that this is a little different than a true VPN.

When she started mentioning the issue I started running a connection monitor on my computer and it's been uninterrupted for about 3 hours now. During this time she's had drops. He coworkers aren't having any issues, but I do understand there is a chance there is something on her work's end too.

Are there any settings in the router that I should change, assuming this is a VPN issue? It's currently set at the default settings. All I've changed is the admin password.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Work VPN DIsconnects

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:35 pm

Please provide the config /export hide sensitive file=anynameyouwish

Just hide any wanip or wanip gateway info.

Confirm that there is nothing in between your computer and her computer and the router, switches etc.............
Other than that maybe bad cabling........