Community discussions

MikroTik App

saek13
just joined
Topic Author

Problems when starting a container in CHR

Wed Sep 14, 2022 1:03 pm

Hello Colleagues,

I have followed this documentation: https://help.mikrotik.com/docs/display/ROS/Container in order to activate the container option and run a custom container in my CHR but I am running into some problems that I would like to as help for. I have the container package installed and the system device-mode container is setted up to yes. I have also followed all the network configuration steps and the only thing missing thing is to run the following line: /container/add file=test.tar interface=veth1 hostname=test (I have already uploaded my image to the router) which is giving me this error: "failure: could not import" and if I see the logs this is what it shows me:

23:41:05 container,info,debug importing tar archived image: test.tar
23:41:05 container,info,debug error: could not find image manifest in archive

I have also tried with the pihole image in the example directly saving it and I get the same error, same with alpine, ubuntu, python, etc. Tried doing the build with buildx and gives me another error that you can see in the attached image. Has anyone experienced this problem and how did you solve it? Have you made containers work?

Thank you in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.