Community discussions

MikroTik App

jjwhite
just joined
Topic Author

VLAN config

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:04 am

We need to add VLAN20 traffic to an existing network. The portion that need to carry that VLAN is a CRS 328 switch and 2 RB4011 routers. All are running 6.48. The path is

Outside Router X (tagged) - Switch – router a – router b – End Device Y

Traffic already tagged will come into the switch from Outside Router X and must connect to End Device Y off of router b. That port must be an access port, End Device Y doesn’t handle VLAN tags. There are other ports in use on these three boxes and we can’t disturb that traffic.

It would seem the port on the switch from Outside Router X and the ones between these devices should be ‘trunk’ ports. And the port on router b with End Device Y should be access port. The only port in these config that is dedicated it the port on router b connected to End Device Y

I need to config these using winbox

Reading through a bunch of tutorials and answers to forum questions leaves me very confused. I have a test setup matching this in my lab to work with. Experimenting with various configs leaves me further confused, changes don’t work as expected.

It would seem to be simple. Create the trunk ports between the devices and Outside Router X and include VLAN 20 in them. But I do not see how to make a port ‘trunked’ so it passes the VLAN and other traffic. Nor do I see how to build an access port and make it tagged and connected to the trunk port.

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.

sindy
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLAN config

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:25 pm

Any guidance would be very much appreciated.
Hard to say what kind of guidance you expect if you have read multiple tutorials and it hasn't "clicked" yet.

So post the exports of what you have currently, and we'll find the missing pieces.

anav
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: VLAN config

Sun Sep 18, 2022 6:27 pm

viewtopic.php?p=908118

1- network diagram
2 - full config of all mt devices /export (less any public WANIP info or serial numbers)