Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe blown fuse, would need specification

Sat Sep 24, 2022 12:48 pm

Hi,

got a CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe with a blown Fuse FU2:
mtCRS-PCI-blown-fuse.jpg

Could someone help me identify the type of the SMD fuse I need to replace ?
The things I know about it:
-it's marked with a P, which stands for 3Amps
-approx dimensions: 3,4x1,8x0,77 mm (lengthXwidthXheight, I don´t have my caliper here, so thats an educated guess more or less)
-must be for DC
I am missing the info, if it's an ultrafast, veryfast, pulse tolerant, what ever.

Of course I could just get any 3amps fast acting type and use it, but any info would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

W
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

guipoletto
Member Candidate
Member Candidate

Re: CCR2004-1G-2XS-PCIe blown fuse, would need specification

Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:28 pm

That looks like a polymer fuse, "self resettable" type, very common for protecting USB ports on motherboards. Are you sure it's really broken?

Thanks for the naked pictures of the hardware btw, :)

mada3k
Long time Member
Long time Member

Sat Sep 24, 2022 2:34 pm

Looks like it's on the +12V rail. Try to verify that there is not a short after the fuse with a multimeter.

woland
Member Candidate
Member Candidate
Topic Author

Sat Sep 24, 2022 10:59 pm

Hi, thanks for your answers!
I have measured the fuse and it gives a very high (around 120kOhm) reading. The FU1 Fuse gives me a Zero reading as a not yet blown one should.
I have also measured the 12V Rail (on the inside of the fuse FU2) to COM, there I have almost a MegOhm. I think that's OK, given that we have some sort of complicated circuitry with lots of not opened transistors (no power).
A thorough "visual inspection" does not show any burned parts, so replacing the fuse I hope would suffice. Of course I will know it for sure only afterwards.

The question which remains: should that be really a normal, fast , ultrafast or a pulse tolerant fuse? (I don't really have a clue about PCIe cards and standards.)
And also, since I couldn´t measure this part exactly: is the correct sizing really 3,4x1,8x0,77?
@guipoletto: no problem, do you need to have some specific detail or the shot from the other side of the board, I can take another shot if someone needs that

Regards
W