Community discussions

MikroTik App

skopjanecot
just joined
Topic Author

Getting "Invalid value in DHCP Option Set" error in multiple menues

Thu Sep 29, 2022 7:50 pm

As the title says, I am getting the Invalid value in DHCP Option Set in multiple menues when using WebFig. The screenshot bellow is from opening a DHCP Server properties, but the behaviour is present everywhere where DHCP Option Set is an option.

The error is reporting when I am trying to apply changes or clicking OK to close the dialog. The changes are saved regardles of the error message. I have never used DHCP Option Set in my setup.

The behaviour started with RouterOS 7.5 (though might have been there earlier, I don't tinker with the hAP ac2 that much).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Re: Getting "Invalid value in DHCP Option Set" error in multiple menues

Thu Sep 29, 2022 8:47 pm

WebFig bug, you have to tick the arrow next to "DHCP Option Set" (so that the little white box next to it goes away) before hitting apply or ok.

skopjanecot
just joined
Topic Author

Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:32 pm

WebFig bug, you have to tick the arrow next to "DHCP Option Set" (so that the little white box next to it goes away) before hitting apply or ok.

I figured it might be a WebFig bug, that's why I made a post, so they can address it in the next release.

Znevna
Forum Guru
Forum Guru

Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:01 pm

That's not how you report bugs..

tonch
just joined

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:17 pm

FYI
Although assuming that the error would have been reported already I did a couple days ago and got confirmation that they checked and confirmed the existence of the bug only after my report as I understand. So great job here on complaining about issues but not reporting to Mikrotik 👍

A possible workaround to avoid the extra klick removing the empty list element I made myself is creating a DHCP Option and putting it into a set that has an Option ID that according to RFC is reserved for private use and should have no effect what so ever. Once such an element exists in the config the webfig will add it to every setting including that DHCP Option Set field that you edit but will not complain anymore. Once the issue is fixed one can just delete the DHCP Option Set and the Option itself.
/ip dhcp-server option add code=222 name=facepalm value=0xF09FA4A6
/ip dhcp-server option sets add name=facepalm options=facepalm
The Option 222 lies in the reserved for private use range and the Value is the unicode representation for the facepalm emoji...